Chapter 17

She fell asleep on me. I wanted to sleep but I was in excruciating pain. She woke up in the middle of the night and asked me why I wasn't sleeping. And I told her I was in pain and couldn't sleep. All she did was hug me and hold me closer to her. My response to that was to kiss her and hold her tight. Before I knew it I fell asleep. In the morning when I woke up she was gone. All I saw was a letter placed on my blanket. She wrote it for me.

Dear Anna,

I had an amazing time with you. But I don't think I'm ready for this. It's not that I don't love you or I'm not ready for a relationship. I am but I just don't think I'm ready to handle the fact that one day I might lose you. I just need time to think. Ill keep in touch with you tho. I guess this is goodbye for now. I'll miss you.

After I read that, I just broke down. All I could think of was to just cry myself to sleep hoping that all the pain would just fade away. I cried throughout the night but somehow I just couldn't sleep. All I did was feel more pain. My heart ached for her love. My eyes longed to see her. My ears longed to hear her voice. My arms longed to hug her. My lips to kiss her. Everything just longed for her presence.