The World of Bastards

Start from the beginning

"Yeah... She may be crazy but, in my experience, silly people are sometimes the ones you wanna be around the most..." Kiyomi smiled thinking back on Hanasaku, her silly sensei who was probably busy filing papers currently. Knowing that a person who couldn't count to thirteen without losing her track and focusing on a squirrel somewhere above was handling the logistics of the village was scary but at the same time strangely hilarious.

"I think why her dumb antics work so well is because she's a martyr, at least tries to be. She always tries to get killed, throwing herself in danger and so the enemy is supposed to take from it that she wants to die, so when she apparently kicks the dust no one expects her return... For a medical ninja people like that is the worst plague ever" Quack smiled again, he was really getting into this emotion thing, Kiyomi couldn't turn her eyes from the man's smile, not because she fancied him or anything but because she had rarely seen him smile unless it was the smile of the sarcastic kind.

"Good thing you're not a medical ninja then. For a Quack people who get injured are the best, aren't they? I mean you guys get paid for treatment by the contractors, you're like an independent medic for those who can't go to the village hospital so people like Mana pay for your food" Kiyomi replied finally witnessing the end of this horrible shortcut. It wasn't a shortcut at all, it actually took them at least ten times longer to get to the basement the way that they chose, they wasted even more time because Kiyomi was still injured and only had some stitching work and basic medic work done on her, some battlefield operations and quite skilled patching work but very spontaneous and erratic nonetheless.

"By the way, you don't really need to hold me, I can walk by myself perfectly fine..." the blonde squinted at the Quack suggesting some dirty play from his part.

"Nonsense, lovely, if I don't hold this lymph node here on your chest it's going to metastasize into your thyroid and you'll die of Huxley fever" Eiju smiled slowly moving his hand from the suggesting position it was situated in.

"That doesn't make a nick of sense and you know that" Kiyomi angrily pushed the man back and applied some pressure on her aching ribs slowly moving forward. The Quack rubbed his elbow angrily having bumped it into the wall.

"Jeez, if all ladies are so smart in the village I'm gonna have a problem, usually most rogues are around my neck the moment I say "subdermatoglyphic"..." Eiju sighed.

The eyes of both shot wide open in surprise seeing a little kid trying to slowly book it right at them. He was stumbling, must've been pretty cut up, blood was everywhere on his clothes and he had some pretty nasty bruises but the fact that he was booking it meant that the other two were either down or dead. The boy pulled a long and slim blade preparing himself to slash through the two, Eiju evaded his thrust and pinched an area on his thigh, also adding a slight thump on the top of the boy's knee sending him down on the floor screaming like he was getting murdered.

Kiyomi looked at the Quack pretty impressed, usually, quite a large portion of Quacks were just that – actual quacks. Most of them were self-taught or taught by people who were self-taught medics. It appeared that Eiju may have been a Quack who knew his way around some medical things and also used some of the more unconditional Quack methods. He was the best of both worlds. He even knew how to work pressure points apparently.

"Holy shit, we should've taken you with us..." Kiyomi looked at Quack surprised after she tied the boy down and went on to examine the place.

"Nah, I'm pretty glad I didn't go. Danger isn't really my thing. I only fight the disabled or elderly when I have at least four mates to back me up. That's the medical ninja way. There are some dick rules about that for the village medical ninja, to stay behind the fighting ones, right?" the Quack asked examining the dents in the walls and blood all around the room. The signs of a very large scale battle taking place were apparent: the perfume boxes were busted so the place reeked of blood and the perfume combined making that vomit inducing combination. Any Inuzuka would've been disabled just entering this room alone.