Chapter Sixteen

The next morning when Cody woke up he rolled over and Rachael wasn’t there. He got up and walked to the bathroom. She wasn’t there either. After using the bathroom he walked downstairs. He searched the whole house, not seeing her anywhere. He started to panic and went to Sam’s room. He knocked on the door and Sam told him to come in.

“Have you see Rachael? I can’t find her anywhere."

 Sam sat up, “No we haven’t, I’ll try calling her.” she picked up her phone. 

“Maybe she went to dance?” Austin suggested and Cody walked out to the front yard to see if her car was gone. 

“Nope, cars still here..” Cody said as he walked back into the room and Sam told him she didn’t answer her phone. 

When Cody walked back out to the living room he went to sliding doors to look outside and saw Rachael sitting on the lawn. He walked out and sat next to her. 

“You scared me babe, I couldn’t find you.” he put his arm around her shoulder.

Rachael leaned her head on his shoulder, “I’m sorry. I came out here to watch the sunrise because I woke up. I didn’t want to wake you by making noise.”

“It’s okay. You could have woken me up, you know that. Is everything okay?” Cody kissed her cheek.

“Yeah. Just thinking of things..” Cody felt like there was more, “And?”

Rachael laughed, “Nothing, I just can’t wait to be married to you, and meet this little one.” she poked her stomach. 

“Oh. I can’t wait for those also.” he leaned down and kissed her, then her stomach. 

At noon Rachael went to the studio to dance with Tim for a few hours. She felt a lot better. Tim knew that she had to cut back on dancing some, to help her gain weight and he was supportive about it. 

Cody was sitting on the front porch, and Rachael ran to him when she got out of the car. He laughed as she jumped on his lap and wrapped his arms around her. They sat there for a few minutes until he picked her up carried her inside. 

Rachael’s mom walked out the deck where everyone was to tell them dinner was done. Everyone went inside to get a plate, then went back out to the table on the deck. 

“The guys will be here in a few days.” Cody said in between bites.

“Yeah, I talked to Zach today. Dan contacted a recoding studio we can use.” Austin added.

Rachael was excited to see all the guys again, as well as Marie. They had made plans that Marie was going to stay at Rachael’s while the guys where there, so she could be with Maxx. 

It was Wednesday, Cody and Austin were out in the front yard waiting for the guys to show up. Rachael and Sam were in the pool swimming. Ten minutes later Andrew pulled into the driveway and pulled the van into the normal spot. Everyone jumped out and Cody and Austin greeted them. 

Rachael was standing at the edge of the pool about to jump in when Dan ran to the back and tackled her. They both fell in. Dan climbed back out and took off his shirt, wringing it out. The rest of the guys walked into the back and laughed at them. 

“Did she push you in?” Maxx asked raising an eyebrow. 

Dan laughed, “No, I tackled her and we both went in.” 

Cody jumped in and swam over Rachael. She wrapped her legs around his waist and kissed him. 

“Get a room!” Andrew yelled.

They looked up and him and Rachael stuck her tongue out him, “I have a room!” she yelled back.

The guys went inside to put their suitcases away and whatever else they wanted. A few hours later Marie showed up. She took her suit case to the room Maxx was staying in. She came down to the pool in her suit and Maxx whistled at her, and she laughed. 

That night the guys detached the trailer from the van and everyone pilled in. They headed to steak n’ shake to eat and get milkshakes. When they got there Sam took them to seats and walked into the back. Trisha walked out and greeted them all, taking their orders. Sam walked back out and told slid in next to Austin. Trisha didn’t need to take her order, she already knew what she wanted. After they were done eating Trisha brought out their milkshakes.