Chapter Ten

At dinner every was going around the table, congratulating Rachael and Tim. The place was filled with families and friends of the other dance couples. Rachael was so happy to have all of the guys with her, knowing they had seen her dance.

“Oh my god, Rachael, all of them were perfect but I have to say, I loved the energy you guys gave the crowd with the last one!” Sam said excitedly.

“Right! Wasn’t that on the internet?” Dan chimed in.

Rachael shook her head, “Yes. We did parts of that dance, and parts from the music video.”

“What? Seriously?” Maxx asked.

Tim laughed, “Yeah, we didn’t think it would work at first, but it did.”

“It worked perfectly. I wish I could move like that, and the second dance, it was so graceful.” Marie added.

“Oh yeah, that one was so good with the song, you guys really captured the song in the dance.” Kat said. 

“Thank you,” both Rachael and Tim said, at the same time.

Everyone’s food arrived and they talked amongst the people around them. Cody was staring at Rachael as she was putting her first bite in her mouth.

“What?” she asked with a mouth full.

He laughed, “You are just so beautiful, even stuffing food in your mouth.”

“Oh stop, I am not.” she said after she swallowed the food.

He glared at her, then looked at Sam, “Hey Sam, she just said she’s not beautiful.”

Rachael got glares from everyone around the table, including Tim, and put her hands over her face, slouching down. 

“I would hit you, if there wasn’t three people in my way,” Sam said looking past Marie.

Rachael laughed and stuck her tongue out, then took another bite. 

Everyone was back at the house, for the little celebration party. Kat threw one each time, even if they didn’t win first place. Rachael was happy to finally have a bowl of ice cream. She sat out in the back yard with Cody. Everyone else was swimming or talking.

Rachael leaned her head on Cody’s shoulder, “I’m so happy you’re here.”

“I am too.” he kissed her head, “I can’t wait to sleep next to you for a few days.”

“Is that all?” she smiled up at him.

By his smile back, she knew it wasn’t all. “Oh, there’s more.”

At midnight everyone started to head home. Rachael stood in the front yard to hug everyone goodbye and see them leave. The guys, Sam and Marie were still swimming so Cody and Rachael joined them. 

“CANNONBALL!” Cody yelled as he jumped in. 

Rachael was standing on the edge laughing until Dan went behind her and pushed her in. 

“Hey, what if I didn’t want in yet!” she got out and chased him around the pool.

“Too late now!” he yelled back, out of breath. 

Right before she reached him, he jumped in. “I win!” he said when he came back up. 

Rachael jumped in and on his back, “Nope.” she dunked his head in.