Chapter 4~Rest Stops & Reminiscense~

~A/N: Hey everyone, I hope you're having a decent day(: Here's the fourth chapter and I hope you enjoy. :P

•The house they're moving out of above•
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll be a new kid on an old block

A chalk outline of a playground blacktop

I'm just a moment

So don't let me pass you by

We could be a story in the morning

But we'll be legends tonight

I'm just a moment

So don't let me pass you by

They can speak our names in a dead language

Cause you and I, we're alive

But just for a moment

(Outlines -All Time Low)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Chapter 4: Reminiscence & Rest Stops~

Time.

They say it's precious, but right now I'm just wondering where the hell it went.

Our last week in Atlanta has flown right before my near sighted vision in a blur and daily consistencies called for numerous slumber parties, many more mall trips, and plentiful movie nights.

Yes. By daily consistencies, I mean Katelyn.

Just a month ago Mom had come out with the news, and now we're actually preparing everything to leave. I gulp at the thought, my nerves increasing by the minute.

You deserve a change for once.

Yeah? What if I don't want change?

I currently find myself stuck, standing in the center of the room I've been living in my entire existence. My eyes wander to the emptiness my bed once filled. From blue crib to master bed.

The reason behind the blue crib is long story short; parents expected Daniel months after finding out Mom was pregnant, and after attending the ultrasound plus finding out the gender, they decided to just keep the crib and nickname 'Dani.' So 6-7 months later, out I pop and well, 'Hello, Danielle.'

I think it's pretty obvious by now that I very much prefer 'Dani' over my changed birth name only because 'Danielle' sounds a bit too feminine for me. Not that I'm a tomboy or anything, but I'm not too keen on princess world either. I'd like to say that I am a pretty good blend of both.

When meeting new people, I make sure to inform them that the name is 'Dani' instead of 'Danielle' just to avoid the cringe feeling that comes at the sound of it.

A few brown boxes lay still and quiet on the hard wood floor, waiting to be carried and packed away. I sigh, peeking outside my bedroom window to find some well known neighbors, a few family members, and close friends helping the truck mover guys load up everything.

I inwardly groan, remembering that we're going to have to drive all the way to Cali instead of flying by plane.

The really great thing about it is that it's exactly like a normal road trip...

Minus the returning part.

I look around the now silent spaces of my soon to be old room. Wow. Everything looks so foreign to me now that the furniture's disappeared. I've always wondered what the place would look like all vacant, and now I know...