Chapter 2~Breaking News & Besties~

~A/N: Hey hey! I hope you're all having a lovely day as I and if you enjoy please vote, comment, & add!

Dani and Kate at age fifteen above• :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We don't deal with outsiders very well

They say newcomers have a certain smell

You have trust issues not to mention

They say they can smell your intentions

You'll never know the freakshow sitting next to you

You'll have some weird people sitting next to you

You'll think "How did I get here?" sitting next you

But after all I've said, please don't forget...

(Heathens -Twenty One Pilots)

Chapter 2~Breaking News & Besties~

5:37 PM.

Oh, sweet manure.

I knew I should've seen this coming. How could I have actually thought that she'd buy my acting skills? I mean, fuck, even I wouldn't believe me. I admit that I have no experience whatsoever when it comes to acting. Hell, I can't even tell a decent lie. Almost everyone I'm close to can tell when I fib and it sucks. Katelyn on the other hand, is practically a pro.

How should I break it down to her?

I have no flipping clue of what or how I'm going tell it to her straight when she arrives. She doesn't like when I lie especially to her face, so I'm pretty much screwed.

Hey Katelyn, my mom liked it so she put a ring on it and now we're gonna kick it all the way to San Jose...possibly for the rest of my high school life. What's up, bitch?

I scoffed. Pathetic.

I wonder how she'll react when I eventually tell her. Hopefully she takes it well and doesn't break down in front of me. Otherwise I'll be triggered to plead Mom into not making us move anymore. I shook my head at the idea.

I can't do that to her.

Knock, knock

"Dani?"

I jumped out of my deep thoughts, a bit startled by the sound of knuckles on wood. Flashback to when my mom slowly barged in to break the terrible yet exciting news. I let out a breath and stand, feeling a bit wobbly. Now it's my turn.

My thoughts vanish as I try not to overthink the situation, but my nerves remain as I get up to open my bedroom door. Prying it ajar, I watch as she stands there with a worried yet comforting smile.

"Hey Dani, I just wanted to come check up on you since you weren't exactly being your usual self today...want to talk about it with our friends Ben & Jerry?"

She wore a teasing smile, holding up two shiny spoons in her right hand, meanwhile revealing two pint cartons in her left. One consisted of chocolate chip cookie dough while the other contained my favorite: Half Baked.

Sigh. My ultimate weakness.

I slightly bit my lip, eyeing my lasagna wearily.

Welp, looks like the Italian ragu of delicious meat and pasta is going to have to wait...