Chapter Sixteen

Rabia Malhotra

Rabia was glad that she had taken the driver along with her today to the meeting because right now she was in no condition to drive.

Rabia was on her way home from the dinner meeting with Marc and her mind was not able to process any thought.

She felt so overwhelmed.

"What is happening to me?" she mumbled to herself

"Pardon Ms.?" The driver asked looking at her through the rearview mirror

"Nothing Samuel, I am fine" Rabia replied

She had enjoyed the whole evening with Marc. She had relished in his company.

Rabia didn't know what she was thinking when she offered him the deal for the site in Jacksonville.

All she knew was that she didn't want their time together to end.

The only dark side to the entire evening was that the thought that he did not remember her kept pulling and pushing her mind around. It bothered her so much.

At first that night six years ago felt like a huge mistake to Rabia. She always felt that it was an act of huge irresponsibility and recklessness. However when Jayson was born that entire thought of hers changed. That night seemed like a blessing. Jayson was her bundle of joy. It was because of Jay that she had strived to make her life better and reach the heights she was standing upon today.

A little part of heart was also glad after today that it was Marc whom she had spent that night with and was the father of her child. He was a complete gentleman today and seemed like a genuine caring person.

Her thoughts had always been muddled when it came to the father of her child because she did not know him or even who he was but now things were clearing up but were they for the better or worse that Rabia did not know.

"But he doesn't remember you..." a voice in her head whispered.

"Arghh!" Rabia groaned out loud.

"Madam we have reached' Samuel said from front giving Rabia a worried look.

"Thank You Samuel"

Rabia made her way inside and up to Jayson's room. Maria had looked after him today while she was gone and had tucked him in.

He was fast asleep. Rabia went and kissed his forehead.

"I love you baby" Rabia whispered.

She went to her room, removed her clothes and got into the shower.

"But how can he not remember me?" Rabia thought

She again felt these thoughts flooding her mind and she felt like she was going to drown in them.

"Have I started liking him?" Rabia suddenly thought

"No, no that is not possible. I am just over thinking. How could I even think such a thing? I don't even know him that well." Rabia said out loud shaking her head.

"I need to talk to Dee. It's high time I share all these thoughts with someone before I go crazy." Rabia mumbled to herself as she got out of the shower.