Chapter Six

Rabia Malhotra

6 YEARS LATER

"Jay wake up!" Rabia nudged her son.

Jay mumbled in his sleep. Rabia kissed his forehead 

" Jayson! Baby you will be late for school and mommy has to get to work." She said as she picked up Jay.

Jay was her 5 year old son. He was a replica of his father with jet black hair and piercing green eyes. At least now she knows what color was his eyes.

Her thoughts again wandered 6 years back to that night. She still had not forgotten him and the thought that what would she tell her son when one day he will ask her about his father kept her awake most of the nights.

It was not like she had developed any feelings for him.

"Yes you have..." a voice whispered in her head.

She never dated any men and always had the excuse that she was too busy with her son and business.

"Momma!!!" Her son's wails brought her back to reality.

"Yes baby..come on now let's get you ready for school." Rabia showered her son and was putting on his clothes when Maria, their maid knocked on the bedroom door.

"Dear the breakfast is ready", she said and left.

Maria was in her late 40s and was like a mother figure to her since her own parents disowned her after the news of her pregnancy.

The 2 years after she discovered she was pregnant were strenuous for her. Deepika was her constant support and so were Dee's parents, her aunt and uncle. 

Her parents refused to have any ties with her. Her aunt and uncle paid for her college tuition and with her own funds she was able to manage finishing her college with her baby.

Her pregnancy had passed without any complications. Once Jayson was born it was exhausting for her to manage her baby and classes but Deepika stood by her side like a rock. Once her college was finished, Rabia wanted a stable job. Deepika's parents (her uncle and aunt) supported her once again and financed her. 

She started a small interior design business. At beginning it was sheer hardships. Rabia even thought of giving up but after 6 months of complete struggle, her company hit miles high when she was approached by a high end celebrity to design her house. It went well and rest is history. Her company became popular after that project. She was able to expand and her company flourished. 

She named her company New Hope Designers. Soon she opened up 2 more branches and took in a partner, Natalie Jackson, who is also now her close friend and Jay's godmother. She was able to clear off all her loans and despite refusal also pay back her aunt and uncle.

Now her company stands proud with a market worth of millions. With her upcoming expansion her net worth might even shoot up to in billions. All in all Rabia Malhotra had it going good for her except for the memory of that night 6 years ago.

"Momma, I'm hungry!" Jayson said. She came back to present picked up her son and headed downstairs to have breakfast.

After finishing up her breakfast, she grabbed her files and bag.

She dropped of Jay at school and headed towards her office.

"Good morning Ms. Malhotra" the guard at the building greeted her.

She nodded and made her way to the elevators. She reached her office and called her PA to bring in her coffee and morning paper.

Her PA knocked and came in with her request.

Rabia took a sip of her coffee and opened the newspaper and choked. She couldn't believe it. She was coughing when her partner and best friend Natalie entered her office.

"Whoa there woman! What happened to you?" Natalie said as she patted her friend's back.

Rabia wasn't able to speak and only pointed towards the main page of the daily newspaper.

"Oh my god! I know right! He is so HOT!!!" Natalie said and started fanning herself.

" He is the one I had a night stand with. He is the father of Jayson." Rabia whispered

Natalie's eyes popped out of her sockets.

"No way..You sure" she whispered.

"Of course. It is him. I remember his face." Rabia replied

Rabia looked at the picture and at the heading above it.

It read "The heir to the Reynolds's Empire returns from London and ready to take over the family business."

And there he was. She could not believe it. How could a man be so good looking? He was waving and smiling showing a dimple on his left cheek. He had a 5 o'clock shadow and was very well built up. He looked more mature now not that Rabia remembered much. Over the years his face had become a haze in her mind only kept alive in her memory by her son who resembled his father to very last detail.

"Rabia start speaking now before I go into cardiac arrest." Said Natalie

"I also didn't know who he was... I told you Natalie that Jayson was conceived from a one night stand with a man I never met before" said Rabia

"Well now you know that your son was fathered by none other than Marcus James Reynolds" Natalie said and patted Rabia's shoulder.

"What do I do now?" Rabia asked her friend.

"You have to tell him Rabia! He's in NYC now! Jayson has the right to know who his father is and this man also should be aware of his son." said Natalie

"Nat! I just can't walk into his office and tell him that he has a 5 year old son. He probably doesn't even remember that night" Rabia exclaimed.

"Look ever since Jay is born you wanted to know who his father was but you never had chance because you had no clue that who he was. But now you do Rabia!" Natalie slammed her hand on the table to make her point.

"No I cannot. He will not believe me and I cannot do it like this. I have to think about this. For all I know he may not even want anything to do with Jay and I cannot hurt Jay like that." She said.

"Hey babes..I understand and you are the smart one.. you will figure out a way. Take care ok? I have to head out. Mr. Richard is coming today to finalize a deal. Catch you later!" with that Natalie walked out Rabia's office.

Rabia sighed and turned on her computer to check her emails and after reading her first email an idea formed in her mind.

Rabia in the picture