Chapter Fourteen

Rabia Malhotra

Rabia was furiously typing away at her laptop, finishing up some last minute details on the launch of her new line next week.

Natalie had travelled to LA to inspect the last minute details of the layout of the shop and how things were being managed down there.

There was a knock on her door.

"Come in" said Rabia

"Ma'am, Mr. Reynolds' PA emailed this morning regarding the new date for the meeting that had been cancelled previously." Her PA, Daisy said.

"Okay, make sure to have the meeting room set up on the date of the meeting. I presume the meeting will be held here this time?" Rabia asked.

"Ma'am the meeting is tonight at 8 p.m. at Rafele. There has been reservation for two." Daisy replied.

"What? Tonight?!" exclaimed Rabia as she stood up from her chair.

"Yes Ma'am" Daisy said.

"Okay, thank you Daisy. You may go now and email them with an affirmative for tonight's meeting" Rabia said composing herself.

Rabia felt the onset of a headache.

"Why can't he just have a normal meeting in an office set up?" Rabia thought irked.

Already she had a tough time putting the last meetings fiasco behind her and now here he was taking her out in public to discuss a deal which was as such void because the reason why she wanted the meeting in first place no longer existed. He did not remember her.

"Then why did you say yes to the meeting?" a small voice whispered in her head.

Rabia shook her head to clear out the unwanted thoughts.

She checked her watch for the time. "11 a.m. I have enough time. I will just finish up some work and head home before picking up Jayson from school" she thought to herself.

She started working again but after a few minutes her thoughts again ventured towards Marcus.

"Damn you Mr. Reynolds" she cursed out loud.

Rabia opened her browser and typed in his name.

Why she did that even she did not know but now here she was browsing through his online information.

Rabia saw that he had no recent picture with any woman. Usually the men she dealt with in business were bachelors, had a picture everyday with a different woman and most of them were tagged as "Playboys"

"Why do I even care?" Rabia mumbled to herself but she carried on with the browsing.

He was not in any recent tabloid with scandals. However there were numerous articles praising his handling of his family business and how he would be taking his business to new heights. They praised him for being such an apt businessman at a young age.

As she browsed back into year she came across pictures of him partying and stumbling out of clubs and with women all over him and what not.

These pictures were from 4 years ago. As she browsed further back again there were no scandalous pictures of him. There were there only for a year.

"I guess it must have been a phase for him" she thought to herself

A smile made its way to her face as she realized that he seemed like a decent man and that to a very good-looking one.

"Not a playboy" she said to herself as she shut down her laptop and gathered her handbag and phone.

She left her office to head home and prepare herself for today's dinner meeting.