Chapter 1 - Frozen Heart

"Matt hes coming" Kate said "Quick pups get in the den" Matt yelled. Kate, Matt, Moon, and Kaitou ran into the den and hid. "W...Whats happening?" Moon said "Fear is here" Matt whispered. "Its okay guys you will be safe" Kate smiled as she held on to Kaitou tight. "Wait here" Matt whispered "No!" Kate yelled "Don't Go its not safe". Matt turned and looked at his pups. "I will be fine" He said as he ran out of the den. Kate got up and ran after him. "Mom wait" Kaitou yelled "Im going to get your father stay there". She ran out into the forest looking for Matt following his scent. She stopped at his dead body laying next to a burnt tree. She ran over to him yelling "Matt no!" She laid next to him with her head on his paws. "Why Matt, Why did you leave the den" she said as she cried. Snow started to fall around them. She looked up at the snow and stopped crying. "I will take care of the pups" She whispered "I promise" "Don't make promises you can't keep" Fear said as he walked up to her with blood on his mouth and claws.

"Where are they?" Moon whispered "They will be back soon" Kaitou said as he smiled. Moon walked up to Kaitou and laid next to him. "Love you" She whispered "Love you too" Kaitou said as he began to fall asleep. Moon yawned and closed her eyes thinking about mom and dad. She wondered if they will be home in the morning when she wakes up. She laid her head down next to Kaitou and fell asleep. When Kaitou woke up there was a white wolf standing at the entrance of their den. "Hey pups is Kate here?" "They left last night after fear came to our den looking for them and they never came back" Moon said as she stretched her legs. "What about Matt" The white wolf said "Hes gone too" Kaitou said. Moon blinked her eyed waiting for them to adjust then realized who it was. "Oh...Hi Autumn" She said "Hi Moon" "Listen im going to look for them wait here okay" Autumn said "Okay" Kaitou said as he layed back down.

"Matt...Kate" Autumn yelled "Can you hear me". She howled for them but no answer. She looked around more and she found their dead bodies by the burnt tree. "Oh my dog" She yelled as she ran to them "How am i going to tell them?" She growled looking around to see if Fear was still in the area. Then ran back to Kate's den "Uhh...Guys?" She said slowly "What?" Kaitou said as he tilt his head. "Your parents are..." She sighed "Your parents are gone" "WHAT!?!" Moon yelled "When are they coming back?" Kaitou said "No i mean they are...dead" "Oh" He said looking at the floor. "I have to go but ill check on you every day okay" "Okay" Moon said as she tried not to cry. Autumn ran back to her den to tell her family what had happen. "Moon?" Kaitou whispered "Yes Kaitou?" "How will we live without parents?" "Autumn said she would check on us everyday" Moon whispered to him. "I'm going to explore" Kaitou said as he started to walk out "Wait!" Moon yelled "Please don't leave" "I'm just going to explore" He said "You can come with me if you want" "No i'm going to watch the den" She said as she smiled at him.

Kaitou ran out of the den looking for something to explore. He kept running until he found something interesting. after running for 23 minutes he finally found something. He Saw an abandon car that was no windows the seat torn out the car was rusty and had flat broken tires. "Whoa, What is this" He jumped inside to to look around more but nothing was inside. When he jumped out he looked around and realized he was lost and far away from the den. He did not remember what way he came from or where to go "Uh oh" He whispered. "Where is he?" Moon whispered "Should i go look for him?" She walked out of the den to see if he was near. But she could not see anything but trees. She started to walk around following paw prints that she thinks was his. "Why did he go far away from the den?"

She kept following his paw prints until she saw a rusty old car. "Is he in there?" She whispered She ran up to it and looked around but Kaitou had already left. "Was i following the right tracks?" She looked around for more paw prints and saw two different tracks. One went Left to a mountain and the other went right to a pond. "Uhh...He likes to climb mountains and look at the view but he also likes to swim in ponds" She said "I'll go uhh...left". "Almost...There" Kaitou said as he struggled to climb up the mountain "If i get up here i can see where the den is...i hope" Kaitou reached the top of the mountain but could not see the den. He laid down to rest for a while and soon fell asleep. Moon was running up the mountain following the paw prints. She stopped and looked up at the sky. "Its going to snow soon" She whispered "Where is he?" Then snow started to fall "Great" She said. She followed the paw prints more until she got to the top f the hill. She looked around to see if Kaitou was up here. "Kaitou!" She yelled "Are you up here?" Kaitou got up and looked around "Hello?" Kaitou yelled "Kaitou where are you?" Moon yelled. Kaitou got up and followed the sound of her voice. "Moon!" Kaitou yelled as he ran up to her "Why did you go so far away?" "I was looking around and got lost" "Okay lets go home" Moon said "How?" "Follow my paw prints" She said "What paw prints?". Moon looked down the mountain and saw that the tracks had been covered by the snow. "Great!"