Chapter 17

"Rose...."

He was outside of her mind now, but with a power she didn't know she possessed, she pulled him back in, since his fingers were still at her temples.  She pushed everything she was feeling for him at him and heard him gasp as his fingers pressed harder into her temples.  Her eyes flew open and found him already staring at her. 

His mouth opened and closed a couple of times, as though he couldn't think of anything to say.  "How did you?" He began, then shook his head, "I never taught you-"

"I know," she said, "I just... I wanted to show you, and so I showed you."

The Doctor let out a breathless laugh and moved his hands to cup her cheeks.  "There is no way you should be able to do that," he said, "You must have an incredibly strong telepathic field to be so-"

He could've finished, but instead he just launched forward and kissed her.  She moved her hands from his knees to touch his waist, his hands still cradling her cheeks.  He was so gentle in his exploration that she felt as though she might melt into him and be very happy doing so.  

He pressed closer and opened his mouth over hers, deepening the kiss, and she followed his lead.  Somehow, kissing him felt so different than it had just minutes before, when she hadn't had her proper memory to deal with.

Now, with the same feelings, only expanded and deepened, she felt as though, with every parting and meeting of their lips, that she was committing herself to him.  Of course, she was.  He was the only one she'd ever want to be with, now and forever.  She could feel him giving himself to her, and he stroked her cheeks with his thumbs, and she could feel him shaking.  

Gently, and tenderly, they separated, but only so he could pull back to press loving kisses to her forehead and cheeks.  Her eyes were still closed, she felt as though she couldn't open them, so much was she relishing his touch and his breath against her skin.

"Doctor," she whispered.  He pulled back, breathing heavily, and she allowed her eyelids to flutter open.  The second their eyes met they both started giggling like teenagers snogging for the first time.  He stroked her hair back, just for the sake of touching her, as his eyes searched hers.  

"I'm sorry," he said softly.  

She jerked back, wrenching his hands from her.  "Why are you sorry?"

"No, no, no, not like that," he laughed, reaching for her again.  She let him, though she shot him a suspicious glare.  His hands coasted back into her hair again, holding her close to him.  "I'm sorry I've been such a fool."

She tilted her head forward, nudging her nose against his.  "You're not a fool.  In fact, you're rather fond of saying you're brilliant."

"I am," he said smugly, and she giggled, "But I kept all this from us, and what sort of fool does that make me?"

She slid her hands onto his chest.  "I think we're both rather stupid."

"Complete morons."

"Idiots of the highest nature."

"Oh, I agree completely."

Rose giggled and closed her eyes.  "Doctor?"

"Yes, Rose?"

"I'd like to kiss your stupid face again, if we're saying we're stupid."  

His hands shifted from her face to wrap around her waist, pulling her halfway into his lap.  She went willingly, wrapping her arms around his neck.  Slowly, as though savoring every moment, he leaned forward and pressed a chaste kiss to her lips.  He pulled away and she whimpered at the loss before he pressed in again, deepening the angle.