Chapter 25

The last chapter!  I've loved writing this story and it seemed like you all enjoyed it as well, and I'm SO glad!! This is one of my favorites I've ever done. Thank you for giving it love!

Also, TWO new stories will be coming out on sunday or Monday.  One is an AU which I think you guys will enjoy, it's very fluffy.  And the other, well, you'll just have to see!

To distract her, and mostly because he wanted to, the Doctor leaned in to kiss Rose, his fingers swirling over her palm to collect some of what she'd coughed up.  Unfortunately, or rather, fortunately, he got a bit distracted and continued to kiss her for longer than his purposes.  She smacked at his shoulder until he backed up and panted, staring at her.

"Sorry," he said, clearing his throat, "Got a bit carried away there.  Sorry."

She winked at him.  "Don't be sorry."

"Don't tempt me," he scolded, walking away from her to place the glittery golden-red substance onto a petri dish and slid it into a testing dock.  Wiping his hand off on a towel, he turned back to Rose.  "So, you know what you did?"

Rose looked down and nodded.  "Yeah, I killed her."  She kicked her feet, not meeting his eyes.  "You must... You must hate me for it."

He felt his eyebrows shoot up into his hairline more than made it a conscious action.  "Hate you for it?" He said, his voice filled with disbelief.  "Did it... Did it seem like I hated you, just now?"

She looked up at him, a sheepish look on her face.  "Dunno, maybe you were just... You know, a parting gift?"

The Doctor rolled his eyes at her, understanding her upset and wanting to comfort her more than anything.  He took steps to stand before her and cupped her cheeks in his hands.  "I meant everything I said to you, Rose.  I love you.  Those aren't words I can give out easily, and not words I want to take back.  They're yours."

She looked at him, searching his eyes, watching him for a few moments.  "You mean that," she said, and it was very clearly a statement.  She was finally seeing it, even if she hadn't before.  He nodded slowly, being careful to not break eye contact with her. 

As though she couldn't suppress it, she grinned at him, full out, and pulled him into a hug.  He laughed in response and wrapped his arms around her back and leaned his cheek against her head.  He rubbed his hands up and down her back, enjoying being able to touch her.  Finally, though, the computer beeped behind him and he sighed, trying to extract himself form her.

Unfortunately, it appeared as though Rose wasn't going to let go as she tucked her face into his neck and murmured something.  He furrowed his brows.  

"What?" he asked her, pressing his lips to her hair.  

"I'm not sorry I did it," she said, pulling her mouth from his neck, but her breath ghosting over his neck distracted him for a moment.  She pressed on, though, "For... For Isi, I think that's why I did it.  For all those people the Queen messed with.  It's not fair."

The Doctor sighed heavily, humming on the exhale.  "You know, it's alright.  I supported you."

"You did?"

"Yeah.  I agree with your decision, love."  He pulled back and kissed her forehead.  "Now, can I please look at your blood?"

Rose giggled and finally released him, getting settled on the table as he walked over to the computer, glasses perched low on his nose.  He typed furiously on his keyboard, whipped his glasses off, looked at Rose, then looked back at his computer.  "Huh," he said eloquently.