First Day Of School

Start from the beginning

"So you're excited to see, tan, tall lanky cheerleaders who have a mild case of brain damage because they lack air circulation from over break?"

"Basically."

I laugh, "Asher will you ever change?"

"Probably not." he laughs.

---------------

The ride took about 10 minutes from my house to the school and every minute we grew closer I a nervous knot in my stomach grew tighter and tighter.

"Charlotte 1 o'clock." Says Ashton as we park in the student parking lot.

"Anna!" yells Charlotte as I get out of the car.

"Char!" I yell back as she runs to me giving me a bear hug.

"I missed you." she says.

"I missed you too!" I say.

Pulling apart from me she locks her arm with mine as Ashton steps up beside me and she says, "Tell Mr. and Mrs. A that they aren't allowed to take you from us for 4 months anymore." 

"They thought that it would be a nice getaway, you know you could've came."

"Yeah, but I had to go on the family trip as always."

"Was it fun?" ask Ashton.

"If you call clawing out my eyes with a plastic fork fun then yeah it was damn there like visiting Disneyland." Says Charlotte as she adjusted her skirt.

Charlotte was about my height and she was like my twin sister just bubblier. She had blonde long hair to my light brown long hair, and we both had blue eyes. Ashton was about 6 foot 1. He had surfer blonde hair, with a surfer body to match. Perks of being a professional high school swimmer. Charlotte and I have been friends since 2nd grade ever since she stole my juice box and poured it into the boy who was picking on me, hair.

We both met Ashton when he moved into town during our freshman year and it was like our little circle was completed. They were there whenever I needed them and when my whole 'fiery dream' thing happened I was surprise that they stayed by my side. I was even more surprised when they talked their parents into letting them attend this private school with me. Charlotte mom was all for it because she thought it would calm down Char's partying, while Ashton's parents thought that it would look good on his college applications. 

"So are you going to stop being such a prude and actually participate in this year's school activities?" ask Charlotte as we walk over to the front of the school where all the kids stood at.

"What do you mean? I participate." I say.

"No you don't." says Ashton.

"Do to." I say.

Placing her hands on her hip Charlotte says, "Name one thing that you did last year?"

"I-"

"And it can't be anything book club related or something you volunteered for." Says Charlotte.

I squint my eyes and rolled them.

"See told you. You didn't do anything. We're in the 11th grade we have to do something this year!" says Charlotte.

"I hear that were having a carnival for a back to school fundraiser in a few weeks." Says Ashton.

"Really!" yells Charlottee as her face lights up.

As Ashton goes into detail about what he heard at his swimmer's meet a few days ago, I glance around at our fellow students. There were cheerleaders, the jocks, the band geeks, the emo crews, the nerds, and the theater. It was just like a regular high school we just had an enforced dress code, that was unless you were a jock or a cheerleader (and that was only on the days we had pep rallies or games.) looking around at the jocks I took in the sea of boys that gathered around each other laughing.  I'd be lying if I didn't say they were breath taking.