The Mechanic

Rachel's P.O.V~

Where is he? I've been waiting forever!

After about another 10 minutes of waiting the truck finally pulls up.

"Hey sorry I'm a little late, traffic sucks. I'm Finn by the way." Oh my gosh this boy is handsome! Come on Rachel he told you his name, tell him yours!

"I'm Rachel." I stutter out.

"So are you visiting or something? A lot of people don't come here for fun.'' He smiles up at me from doing his work. That smile could kill.

"Actually I use to live her but then I moved and now I'm back.'' He looked at me funny. "What?" I asked.

"Oh it's nothing. I just don't understand why someone would come back here after they escaped this awful town."

"The real world is a bitch. I thought I could take it on but I couldn't. So now I am back."

"I'm sorry. Don't worry though things will start looking up."

"Thanks." I give a small smile which he returns.

"What's your last name?''

"Excuse me?"

"Relax, I'm not gonna stalk you but you said you used to live her maybe I know your family."

"Berry. My last name is Berry."

"Like Hiram and Leroy Berry?"

"Yeah they are my dads. You know them?"

"Yeah of course. They come to the shop every now and then for oil changes and stuff."

"Oh wow small world."

"Yeah, it really is. Well ready to go?"

"Yes."

The drive isn't awkward at all. Finn is so easy to talk to. He always keeps the conversation flowing and he is so hot! I almost don't want us to get to the tire shop. No Rachel stop it! You came here to focus on you. Not some incredibly handsome guy who has the most beautiful smile and... Okay Rachel enough we are here so act normal.

"Thank you so much." I say

"Anytime. So um i'll just fix your tire real quick and you'll be set to go okay?"

"Okay."

I sit in the waiting room and wait for my name to be called. Then I see Burt.

"Oh my gosh Burt?"

"Why if it isn't little Ms. Rachel! What are you doing here in town?"

"I'm actually back here for good. New York didn't really work out."

"I'm sorry about that kid. Don't worry you will figure everything out."

"Yeah thanks. I hope you're right."

"I am. Oh by the way I know Kurt is gonna wanna see you. How about dinner tonight at 7? Invite your folks too."

"Okay. That sounds great. Thanks Burt."

"Anytime kiddo. But hey I gotta get back to work, I'll see you tonight."

"Okay. See you soon."

I almost forgot abot my life here. Kurt was my best friend in high school but then I moved and he stayed here with his boyfriend Blaine. I wonder if they are still together? Maybe I will find out tonight.

"Hey Rachel?" Finn asked pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yes?"

"Your car is all set to go."

"Thank you so much."

"No problem." He handed me the keys and smirked as he turned around to walk away.