Chapter 5 - Avoiding Goodbyes

Start from the beginning

     Before she could say anything, I turned and ran up the stairs and grabbed a little black purse and put my wallet inside. I decided that maybe changing my outfit was the best option because that's probably what Bailey would do and honestly, I didn't want her to think of me as dirty or something. As I checked to see how much money was left on my debit on my computer (I had $315.87), I heard Bailey ring the doorbell. 

     I closed the window on the computer and exited the room, to see Bailey talking to my mom. I walked down the stairs, they noticed and stopped conversing. I grabbed Bailey's arm.

     "Bye, Mom," I called as we exited through the front door. Turning around after I closed the door, my jaw dropped. Bailey had a bright red, sick-looking Audi.

     "Holy..." I breathed. "This car... It's yours?!"

     "Yep. I got it for a belated sixteenth birthday this summer."

     "Wow, you're so lucky. I'm so worried I'm going to get it dirty or something," I chuckled. It was literally sparkling. I stood in shock just staring at the car.

     "No, you're fine! Seriously! It's just a car, Keaton. Now come on," she laughed and started up the engine. I slowly walked to the passenger seat and climbed in. I was careful not to touch anything but the door handle.

     "By the way, your house is, like, huge. It's pretty awesome. You should throw a party there sometime. Oh, I know! A Christmas party when Christmas comes around!"

     "Yeah, maybe," I lied, again. I'd never throw a party.

     Without responding, Bailey turned on the radio. The car must have had surround sound or something because music just came from every nook and cranny in that car. It felt like I was at a concert, but really I was driving to the mall.

     "I love this car!" I exclamied over the music. Bailey just laughed.

     Twenty minutes later we reached the mall. About as soon as we entered, Bailey's jaw dropped to the floor. She halted, then grabbed my arm and pulled me close to here. "Come here!" she whispered. "Did you see them?"

     "Who exactly are we talking about?" I replied, in confusion, looking around the mall.

     "Will and that girl!" she exclamied, pointing to a couple. Will? Wait, Andrea's Will? When I looked, there he was, with some other girl, uncomfortably close to her. At first I tried to think it was Andrea, but the girl was just the opposite of Andrea. Just then, he kissed her.

     "Oh my God. He's cheating on her!" I gasped. 

     "No shit, sherlock. Let's get a little closer so I can take a picture," Bailey whispered, and we slowly walked closer. We hid behind a vending machine as Bailey whipped out her phone and snapped a picture. "I'm so sending this to Andrea."

     "Are we going to tell Will?" I asked. "Tell him that we saw them kissing when he's dating Andrea?"

     Bailey's face then made me feel inferior and stupid. "No, we're just going to keep it a secret. Come on, Keaton. What do you think? Let's go."

     I thought she meant it as 'let's go shop!', but no she meant she wanted to confront him. I just followed her and we walked closer to them. I wasn't too sure what she was about to do, but, boy, did she have an angry face on.

"Will!" she yelled. He looked up and his eyes widened. He pushed the girl away and tried to act natural.

     "Will, baby, what's going on?" She asked, retreating back to him, moving her hand up and down his chest. I cringed a little.

     "Who the hell is this?" Bailey spat. The girl looked at Bailey in disgust. 

     "I'm his girlfriend, bitch. What does it look like?" she sneered.

     "Oh, really." Bailey snapped. "Because I thought Will already has, excuse me, had a girlfriend."

     I stepped back. "I'm just going to get a drink of water, so, uh. . . yeah. Bye." I stammered and turned on my heel away from Bailey and the girl. Let's just call her Rat for now.

     "Yeah, I'm with Keaton." Will said, and began walking, but Bailey grabbed him. 'Who the f-' is all I heard before I couldn't hear them anymore. I got a sip of water from the water fountain and then sat down on a bench away from the group. Bailey was shoving her phone in Will's face showing him the picture. He wasn't even talking, just staring off, knowing that he screwed up majorly.

     Ten minutes later, WIll was exiting the mall in shame and Rat had stomped away somewhere. Bailey strutted to where I was sitting and pulled me off the couch.

     "Alright, now that that was taken care of, let's get you something to wear!" She beamed, sounding like nothing just happened. I guess she was just prouf for telling that boy off. We began walking further into the mall.

     We entered a store with some cute clothes. "Now," Bailey began. "Like Noah said, everyone wants to meet you! So you need to look amazing. Maybe a cute dress will do the job! And an adorable pair of sandals."

     We searched for a cute dress. It was still a warm outside so I figured I would be perfectly fine if I wore a dress. Bailey called me over when she found a purple dress with some cute designs on it. It went halfway down my thighs. It looked really cute, but for a middle schooler. It wasn't for our age.

     "Now that you say that it's too young, I totally get you!" Bailey admitted, and dived into the clothes again.

     "Maybe we should try another store." I suggested, following her as she looked through the racks. She stood up and nodded. "Good idea."

     We exited the store and tried to find another place to shop.

     Next thing you know, Bailey was trying to pull me into a very expensive store. "Bailey, no!" I begged, trying to pull her away. She was surprisingly very strong.

     "Keaton get in here, come on! Remember when I said I would pay for your clothes? I'll pay for them here! I don't care! Please come in here!" she pleaded.

     After a few more minutes of arguing, I finally went with it, but demanded sale items only.

     I slowly entered the store. The clothes here where stunning. I gasped as I entered the store. Everything I saw, I loved, but I knew I was just here to find a dress and buy nothing more. 

     "Hey, look. It's a hi-low dress. These are so in right now!" She held up a beautiful pale pink dress with thick white stripes. It was a pretty plain dress, but it was gorgeous. I loved it.

     "How much?" I asked.

    "It's on sale, so it's only seventy-five, compared to ninety-five. Good discount." Bailey responded while checking the tag. "Try it on."

    "Okay," I sighed. The dress was still pretty expensive for just a plain dress. Upon request, an employee opened a changing room for me. After the dress was on my body, I exited in the changing room. Bailey gasped as I exited the room.

     "Oh my God."

——————————-

Do think Bailey will like the dress or hate it? Tell me what you think!

I really love reading/responding to your comments and such, so please, please, please leave some!

And maybe a vote would be nice too. But anyway thank you all <3

-alyssa