Bloody dreams 13 (edited)

ابدأ من البداية

“Don't get any closer to her!” he said.

It was Michael's voice.

As I looked towards them and saw him stand in front of Leo, holding him in place, something made me stop. I could see Michael's back and Leo's agonizing face. He was struggling to get free and run towards me to grab me, but Michael didn't let go of him.

“I want to talk with her! Stop it, Leo!” Michael said once again.

I was standing on the edge. I would have jumped if they got any closer, I told myself. Very slowly, Michael turned around to look in my direction. His eyes were different. They were almost black. He didn't look at me, only to the ground, obviously trying to hide his eyes.

“Do you want to die so badly? Why would you want to kill yourself?” Michael asked calmly.

“I don't want to be controlled by anyone in this world! I don't want to do what I'm told. I want to live and die as I wish. You don't have any right to decide anything for me! You don't have any right to keep me here! I don't need anyone else! I'm all alone and that is how I want to live and die! Alone!” I screamed, crying.

“I want to be alone! Just leave me alone! What do you want from me? I don't understand” I cried.

“I'm sorry! I hurt you trying to protect you. I'm so sorry” he apologized trying to make me finally understand that he didn’t mean to hurt me.

“I wish I asked you which your feelings were. I thought that not knowing was the best thing, but I'm seeing it wasn't. You want to know the truth?” Michael asked, looking in my direction all the time.  

What the hell is wrong with this guy? He talks like he knows me since a long time ago, but I don’t remember seeing him before, even if I feel a sensation of familiarity with him and the other guys. It’s like a déjà vu. I know them, but I can’t remember when I saw them for the first time.

“Michael! Stop it! It's not the moment. She's too close to the edge. Not even we can't get there in time” Paul warned all of a sudden.

“She has the right to know. It's her life after all” Aaren stated.

Leo was still trying to get to me. Aaren was holding him in place, now. Leo's eyes were kind of scary. He was looking straight into my eyes, trying to make me get down from the edge. But he couldn't make me do anything. Nobody could. Not now.

I looked in Michael’s direction and asked him something that it didn't seem as serious as the truth I wanted to know so badly, but it was something which was making me too curious.

“How can he be so fast?” I asked looking towards Leo.

“What are you guys? I mean, your bodies are cold as ice, you're very fast and your eyes seem to get darker when you’re angry” I said not being able to finish the sentence.

I felt like they were going to laugh because of my questions, but they didn't. Their faces were more serious than ever. Michael looked at me with pain in his eyes.

“I'm going to tell you the truth, but you don't have to be scared of us. We are not going to hurt you! Ok?” he asked unsure by my reaction.

I just nodded, giving him the signal that I was sure.

“Well, we are not exactly humans. We are... creatures of the night. We hunt humans for their blood and we have special abilities: we are very powerful and fast, our bodies are cold and we never die of natural causes, we can't get ill, and our blood has the power to transform a human into one of us or kill him.”

I looked towards him and waited for him to laugh because of his joke, but he never did.

He was saying the truth.