“Yeah, so where are we going?”

            “How ‘bout the ice cream parlor?” Gavin suggests.

            “Hey sure! Ice cream is always good!” Gwen said.

            “Alright, ice cream parlor it is!” Aiden confirms.

            “We all know which one we’re talking about right?” Gavin asks.

            “Noah doesn’t know, but we have to work on the poster after school so we’ll walk there together and meet you guys there,” Luke decides.

            “I actually…” Noah starts. The whole group looks at him and he looks down at his lap. “I actually have work today. A part time job…”

            “Awwh, but I really want you to go, Noah!” Aiden pouts and slumps on the table.

            “Um, I’ll call my boss and ask,” Noah said and pulls out his phone. The others wait quietly as he dials the numbers.

            “Hello, Mr. Takahashi?”

            “Oh yes, is this Noah?” the boss squeaked with an accent.

            “Yeah, this is Noah.”

            “Something the matter?”

            “Um… would it be okay if I didn’t come to my shift today? I kind of have something…”

            “Hmmm I suppose so, I was actually going to close early today anyways.”

            “Ah really! Well then, I–”

            “See you on Monday then!”

            “Thank you so much Mr. Takahashi!” Noah smiled and ended the call.

            “I’m guessing you got permission,” Luke gestured to Noah’s phone.

            “Yeah, my boss is a really nice person,” Noah nodded.

          “That’s good then, all set. Ice cream parlor at five then,” Luke states and the whole group nods.

            A few of hours later, school was over and the two were working on their poster out in the quad. Luke was rapidly researching and telling Noah the information while Noah jot down notes and decided where the information would go on the poster.

            “It’s almost 4:30. We should start heading there,” Luke declared, looking at his watch.

            “I guess so, let’s put this in my locker since it’s closer,” Noah replied. Luke nodded and they gathered their materials and headed to Noah’s locker.

            Luke leaned his back against the lockers beside Noah’s and closed his eyes, sighing, “Ah I’m so tired. My eyes might die sometime soon.”

            “I don’t think that’s physically possible,” Noah chuckled and unlocked his locker, carefully sticking the poster inside without damaging the paper. He noticed a little piece of lined paper to the side and picked it up. He unfolded the paper and gulped, seeing the words.

            ‘I WON’T LET YOU HAVE HIM’ was scribbled on in red pen. The ink bled where the creases of the folds where, causing an ominous looking scene. Noah’s eyes were wide with shock. He had gotten countless papers like this, insults written all over it. But this one was different. It was too simple. It scared him more than anything else he had ever seen before.