Chapter 1

A/N: Hey guys! New story :3 Go on and read ^^ There's a bit of language, but I think you can handle it if you're on the internet xD

Suggested song: "Given and Denied" by Poets of the Fall

~~~

            “Hey man, that girl over there, she’s got the curves,” Bryan licks his lips and leans forward on the lunch table. Luke looked over in the direction Bryan was staring and saw the girl he was talking about. A young blonde, in a white blouse and short navy skirt.

            “She’s cute,” Luke replied uninterestedly. He leaned his face on his left palm and took a sip of apple juice.

            “Awh c’mon man, what’s up with you?” Bryan said, slapping Luke’s arm. Luke rolled his eyes and turned away, engaging himself in a different conversation.

            “Hey so I heard your dad is finally letting you get an Xbox,” Luke said with a smile.

            “Yup! Dude you have no idea how long I’ve waited for this!” Aiden replied, pumping his fists in the air enthusiastically.

            “Is that all you guys ever talk about? Gaming and shit?” Gwen asked, a little annoyed. Melissa nodded in agreement.

            “Woah, woah girls, that’s like when you ladies talk about make-up and fashion!” Taylor laughed, receiving a playful punch from Gwen.

            “We need to game when you get that Xbox, Aiden!” Gavin grinned.

            “Yeah definitely! I just don’t know what games I should get yet… and plus, my dad will probably limit how many games I can buy,” Aiden grumbled.

            “I’ll lend you some of mine if you want,” Luke offered. Aiden’s face instantly lit up in excitement. This was a typical day for this group of friends, seniors in high school. It was the month of October, meaning almost two months into the school year. They chattered away when suddenly, a loud shout and the clang of metal hitting the floor was heard.

            All heads turned towards the lunch line, where the noise had come from. A slender, pale boy had been shoved to the ground; his lunch was scattered on the ground around him. The boy that was originally standing behind him in line smirked and walked past him. Then, everything went back to normal. The lunch line kept moving and students babbled on. The boy on the ground picked himself up and slipped his hands into the pockets of his grey sweater. He had short black hair, bangs falling right over his eyes. He strode out of the cafeteria like nothing had happened.

            “That really sucks, doesn’t it?” Gavin muttered, as Luke watched the boy leave.

            “Yeah, I guess,” Luke nodded and took another sip of his apple juice. “I’m goin’ to the restroom, be right back,” he sighed, as he got up and headed out. He took his steps casually, humming a little tune that not even he could quite make out. He pushed open the door the restroom and walked on in. The door was slammed shut and he instantly turned around to find himself face to face with a notorious bully of the school.

            “Well, look what we have here,” Seth smiled smugly. His two followers eyed Luke and blocked the only exit of the restroom.

            “What do you want?” Luke asked as he crossed his arms, annoyance apparent in his voice.

            “What’s with that attitude bitch? Should I change that for you?” Seth cracked his knuckles and advanced on Luke.

            “Look, I don’t have anything to do with you and I don’t want to.”