I'm not gonna leave. (Niall)

Niall's hands slowly pressed against my lower back pulling me to him. I didn't complain, I loved dancing with him, even if we both are terrible at it. He steps on my feet, I step on his. I rest my head on his chest, closing my eyes and listening to his heartbeat. It's calm and steady and strong.It's hard to believe that it wasn't like that a month ago. It all comes rushing back to me sometimes. The hospitals, the needles, the scares, the frail body, and the sleepless nights waiting up listening to the heart monitor, praying it stayed constant.

I tightened my grip on his neck, nuzzling my nose into it inhaling his scent and reminding myself he's alive now. He's alive now, he's alive, it's ok, it's ok.

"Don't leave." I whispered into his neck.

"I'm not going anywhere baby. You know that."

I did know that, I nodded into his neck, but I can't help that nagging little voice in the back of my head that worried he wouldn't always be here.

He took my head in his hands, his large palms warm against my cheeks.

"I couldn't leave you. Not even if I tried." He smiled, planting a soft tender kiss on my lips.

For now, in this moment, I was satisfied. I believed him. I felt how strong he had become now. He could stay that way. Strong, and alive.