Evan

"To hell with them. Nothing hurts if you don't let it."

***

The sound of the siren got everyone in the house running. It hasn't been 3 hours yet, and the cops were already here. It was probably because of the bunch of idiots I caught who were smoking pot in the basement, I was so tempted to do it too, but I was smart enough to know not to smoke pot at a high school party. I knew I shouldn't have came to this dumb party from the beginning.

Ethan was off doing god knows what, I didn't have any intentions of getting caught by the police tonight, so I put my cup of beer back on the table, and immediately started running out.

I stopped midway when I noticed a girl who was standing frozen in the middle of living room looking shocked and confused as people pushed past her to make their way out. Why the hell was she just standing their? Either she had a death wish, or she was just crazy.

Then I do the most unthinkable thing, I head over to her, snatch her wrist, and run. She looks at me almost like I was kidnapping her, but little did she know I was saving her life. I'd never have done this if I was sober, but I was drunk so who cares.

I lead her into my car and start driving away, getting as far possible from the house as I could.

"Where are you going?" She asks looking at me terrified, as if I was a serial killer.

"I just saved your life and all you say is 'where are you going?'" I reply coming off more rudely than I had intended.

"Sorry.. Thanks." She trails off, her cheeks turning red. "I have to go back, my friend is still there," She says in a genuine tone.

"There's no going back now the police are all ready there, I'm sure your friend will live." I say rolling my eyes at her. How could she be thinking of her friend in such a potentially threatening situation? I had enough shit in my hands, going to jail again would definitely fuck everything up for me.

"I'll drive you to your house, what's your address?" I ask her.

"So you're kidnapping me, and now you're asking for my address?" She ask sarcastically.

This was probably my first time talking to a girl who didn't flirt with me every 5 seconds, or look at me like I was a freak.

I roll my eyes are her sarcastic comment, "Because I went through all the trouble to kidnap you just to return you home."

She chuckles, but gives me the address. I've never seen her around school before, partially because I was never at school.

Almost like she read my mind, she speaks, "I've never seen you around school before,"

"I don't go there often," I reply and she flickers her eyes in confusion for a couple of seconds.

"Well I'm Riley," She says about to hold her hand out to me, until she realizes that I was driving.

I chuckle, "Evan."

The rest of the ride was quiet, and I reach her house.

She was about to open the door to get out, but she stopped and looked at me, "I've been meaning to ask you this, but why did you help me?" she asks her hazel eyes meeting mine.

"Hard to believe I'm actually a nice person?" I smirk.

"Nobody ever does something to be nice, they always want to get something out of it." She says, "But thanks anyways," then she gets out of the car, closing the door behind her, leaving me stunned.

Maybe, just maybe, she was right.

***
VOTE|COMMENT please:)