Chapter 32: Pervert

Start from the beginning

"Proceed," I said with a wave of my hand, leaning back lazily in my chair.

"I know you deny there being any sort of attraction between you and Blade but...there's something going on, isn't there? I see the little looks you guys gave each other when he was here and all the weird conversations you have," he said, "Not to mention when we walked in on you guys Saturday you seemed to be getting pretty friendly."

I looked down at my hands for a moment, trying find the right words to explain it. "Look...this thing with Blade? It's complicated. The reason we were holding hands was because I was trying to make him feel better. His sister...she got really messed up and he blames himself for her getting hurt as badly as she did. When he put his hand on my leg he was just being stupid and sexual like usual, I was telling him to knock it off when you guys showed up."

I looked up at Noah, "As for the little looks and stuff...I don't know. Like I said before it's complicated. But there's nothing going on between Blade and I."

"Maybe not, but there's something there. Deny it all you want but I know there's something," he said, looking serious, "I trust you Kiana, but Landon's been my friend since first year. I saw him go through the heartbreak when that girl slept around through every team. She even tried to sleep with me and I was the one who told him once I found out what she was up too."

"You were the best friend?"

"Football team," he said with a wry grin, "But anyways, I saw him and how hurt he was by that girl. I saw how it changed him into the guy every girl wanted, and got to, sleep with. But with you he changed. He's back to the guy he used to be."

He looked at me, solemn again. "Try not to hurt him too much. I'm not saying don't ever hurt him because I know that's inevitable, especially since he hasn't been quite right after that incident. But if you're going to dump him, or you like another guy, then just tell him so right off that bat. If you hide it and go behind his back, it'll just hurt him more. It's not right."

"I know," I said softly.

Noah was right. I'd be lying to Landon and myself if I kept pretending there was absolutely nothing between Blade and I. I couldn't get that jerk out of my head if I sliced my tattooed arm off with a chainsaw and broke our bond. There was a reason I'd kissed him the day of the track meet. And there was a reason I kept letting him touch me. 

And maybe it had nothing to do with our blood bond or him biting me.

********

"I don't know what to be for Halloween," Mick announced.

We were all outside, enjoying the fresh autumn day and sunshine while we still could. Soon it would be winter and far too cold to come eat outside. We were passing time by discussing costume choices for the upcoming dance, but Mick was all out of ideas.

"Hey, if you can't think of anything just tape a sign to your back that says 'Nudist on Strike!' That one always works," Noah suggested, grinning impishly.

"Anybody got any good ideas?" Mick asked, dismissing Noah's suggestion. 

"You could always go as Fred Flintstone," Katie suggested helpfully.

"And get a red wig for Leah to be Wilma!" Nate joked.

"Nah, she's going as Morticia from the Addams Family," Mick said, waving his hand. He was taking this costume business more seriously than exams. He was absolutely determined to find the best costume ever, but everything was too unoriginal for his taste. "What are you guys going as?"

"Zorro," Noah said.

"Hermione Granger." I high fived Katie for her phenomenal costume choice.

"Ron Weasley," Nate grumbled. Somehow Katie had convinced Nate to go as Ron, and I was eagerly awaiting the final result of their couple costume.