Chapter 44: Sorry

ERIC'S POV

I furiously threw my phone on the bed.

F-uck!

She's pushing my limit.

"D-Daddy!" Avy called in a shaking tone.

I blinked couple of times while looking at her. She's at the verge of crying. I massage my temple and took deep breaths to calm my nerves.

I approached my daughter and knelt in front of her. I tucked loose strands of hair behind her ears.

"I'm sorry, baby" I gently said.

She sniffs then tears roll down her face.

I bit my lower lip then wipes her tears. "Please don't cry, baby" I kiss her forehead.

She sobs then nod.

I lifted her up and gently put her down at the bed.

I didn't mean to scare my daughter. I am so frustrated at Fallon that I forgot that Avy is on my room. And she heard how angry I am.

"Ibaba mo ang maleta ni Avy sa sala, Josephine" mahinahon na utos ko sa kawaksi na naghihintay sa pinto. Mukhang maging s'ya ay nahihintakutan.

I zipped my luggage.

I dialed my secretary's number. I keep on combing Avy's hair to calm her down.

"Hello, Liv" I talked to my secretary in the line. "Nakausap mo na ba 'yong Japanese investors?"

(Yes, Sir Eric. Fortunately, pinagbigyan tayo to move the meeting this afternoon. I am already here at the airport and I already got ticket for Miss Avery) magalang na sagot ni Liv

I heaved a sigh of relief. Troy gonna wring my neck if we lose this deal.

"Good job, Liv. Thank you very much" I ended the call.

My meeting with our Japanese investors was supposed to be this morning. Kagabi pa dapat ang flight namin pero hindi kami nakaalis kakahintay kay Fallon. I keep on calling her numerous times but she's not picking up. I waited for her until this morning and she's still not showing up or at least make a call.

I lowered my ego and called Darren but the b-astard said he's already on Manila since yesterday. Ayokong magmukhang tanga sa kanya kaya hindi ko na s'ya tinanong tungkol kay Fallon.

Ang sabi ni Fallon, limang araw lang daw ang tanginang seminar nila. Today is day seven, and she's still not showing up!

I even moved an important meeting just to wait for her. And since she's not here, I have to bring Avy with me!

"Daddy, where are we going?" tanong ni Avy habang nasa byahe kami papuntang airport.

I closed my laptop and look at her. I gently caress her hair.

"To Japan, baby" I smiled at her.

She pouted. She hugs her doll. "Hindi kasama si Mommy?" malungkot na tanong n'ya. I clenched my jaw.

I took a deep breath. "No" I simply answered

"Why?" she asked in a sad tone

"She's busy studying" I lied

"She said she'll be home yesterday. She promised!" She insisted

"Something came up. She have something to finish there. She can't make it today. Don't worry, when my work is done, I'll take you to Disneyland" I did my best to make my voice cheerful. I don't want my Avy to feel down