SATD 50

SATD 50

Cid's POV

Official

I'm in my office doing all I can to catch up. My secretary is having it the hard way. Her reports about the previous month makes me go livid. Some of our stockholders pulled out, seeing that I was neglecting the hotel. For some reason, I can't blame them. I just wanted an escape from this world once in a while. I picked up a folder and skimmed through it's contents. Another proposal from Angela's company. They just don't stop.

The telephone beeped. Whoever's calling at this busy hour should be important or else, I'd be wasting time.

It's my mother. The first thing she opened up is about those damn letters! She's been convincing me it's just right to get what Cass deserves.

"Ma, your lawyers must stop pestering Cass. Adriel is out of this and so am I." She's pushing it. I shook my head. It's been three days, and I've been trying to keep things low with the lawyers. She can't put Cass out of our lives forever. Tss.

"No. Try listening to your son Ma! I don't even want to risk my son's life with your misery business. And just because you haven't moved on with her, you'll pull your cards out. Don't even try to mess with me or I won't make it easy for you as well!" I snarled at her and dropped the conversation. I put the telephone down.

I huffed some air out. Damn. My head aches. Work has doubled the time November came in. I swiveled my chair to face the window. It looks like it's going to rain. How I wish time stops for now so that I can rest. I checked my phone and stare at it.

The picture in the background is the one we took recently in Nuvali, the three of us in a group hug. She's smiling while me and Adriel wrap around ourselves with her. She never fails to make my day lighter when all seems to go down.

At times, I feel elated whenever I imagine her all dressed up in a gown... walking towards me through the aisle-- What?- I chuckled at my own thoughts. I just imagined Safire getting married. To me, that is! I smiled.

It seems that my whole being shook away the chance for me to be with her without a fight. I won't fail her this time. Not when I want to make it official. Soon enough, I will. Now get working Cid! Safire and Adriel is waiting for you. Suddenly my energy is boosted, I stood up and discussed everything with my secretary.