0.1 - Unexpected visiors

(This is more a filler. Give it a chance.)

"Jenn, I'm not kidding. I really don't want to go downstairs."

"You are being so stubborn. Can you even hear yourself right now? It's Christmas Eve! It's your family."

"Yeah, that's what I mean! Can't I just come to your house?"

"Emmy. I'm in Canberra remember?"

I stood up from my bed and walked around my room frustrated.
"You know what, fuck you Jenn."

"I love you to, Em." Jennifer spoke and hit the red button on her phone to end the call. "Thanks a lot.." I muttered to myself and let out a deep sigh. Not even my best friend could save me from this horrible day.

Today was Christmas Eve. The happiest holiday of the year. Well, it would have been fun if I hadn't had the most boring family you could think of. This happens every year. They come to our house, talk about the good old days, eat all our food, play stupid games, give away pointless gifts for Christmas and don't go home until 3 am.

It doesn't sound so bad, but did I mention that all my cousins are under 8 years old except one who travels the world? Yeah. In the end, not so fun for me.

"Emmy! The cars are here!" I heard my mother yell from downstairs. My eyes widened as I stood up from my bed and quickly walked towards closest window to look down on the street. There they were. The whole Family gathering outside my house. The lamp posts lighted up all of their faces. Suddenly one of my aunts looked my way.

I ducked and crawled over to my bed and laid down in my stomach. A groan escaped my mouth as I realised that I wouldn't lie in this bed until at least 9 hours had went by.

"Emmy!" My mother yelled as the doorbell went on and echoed through the whole house, making my hair stand up on my neck. Not many seconds later the door opened and a chorus of voices filled my ears event though my room was as far away from the door as possible.

I heard how mom greeted everyone and helped them with their clothes off. As usual my cousins ran through the front door screaming and chasing each other. I frowned and tried to bury my face in the pillow to block out the noises.

"Emmy!" My mom yelled once again, but I didn't want to listen. I wanted to jump out from my window and run away. But I could never do that of course. I'm the good girl of the family. My brother was the one causing trouble when he was in my age, not me.

I let out a groan and rolled around in my bed so I was lying on my back. Why couldn't something good happen in my life? Lately my life had been anything but great. A few weeks back I had broken up with my boyfriend Brad. He used to touch up my legs when we were in public and he tried to have sex with me when I definitely wasn't ready. He screamed at me and gave me a punch before storming out from my house.

I admit, I wasn't me anymore. I hardly smiled, I was lying home alone almost every day and listened to music.

Slowly I sat up and glared at the shirt I had picked out the night before. It was a tight grey long sleeved shirt. I hated it.

I grabbed the hem of my shirt and lifted it upwards over my head before I quickly grabbed the grey one. Wouldn't want my cousins to walk in on me, right? Once the shirt was on I fixed the hem of it and stood up.

I pulled the sleeves down over my cold hands and glanced into the mirror. Same old same old.

Slowly and quietly I walked through the the door and towards our stairs to go down. Every bone in my body refused, but I knew I had to. For mom.

I glanced down the stairs and saw that no one was in front of the door, so gently I took a few small step down the stairs. I only heard voices from the room around the corner, so I tried to make as little noises as possible.

I was in the middle of the stairs when suddenly the door flung open which made me stop and glare at the it.

"No. Way." I muttered.

A/N

Hi! So this was more like a teaser for the next chapter really. And this is like my third fanfiction, but I have never wrote punk 5sos yet, so this is my first. Leave comments :))