"Just for a few... minutes. Or hours."

"Jack!" She looked up into his face, glaring at him the best she could.

He showered kisses over her upturned face. His lips were warm and firm, yet achingly gentle.

Elsa trembled and hid her face in his chest. At this rate, she wouldn't have any heart left. "Stop it Jack." Her voice was muffled by his chest.

He chuckled and ran his fingers along the curve of her spine, making Elsa shiver.

"Are you saying you don't like it when I kiss you?" he asked, sounding playfully offended.

Elsa hesitated, wondering if he'd stop if she told him yes. "Yes?"

"Alright, then. Let's make a deal."

She frowned slightly. What did Jack have in mind? "What kind of... deal?"

She could hear the smile in Jack's voice, though she didn't dare look up at him again. "It's simple. I'm going to kiss you and all you have to do is not kiss me back."

Her cheeks began to burn, and Elsa suspected they'd turned a bright shade of pink. "That's not fair."

"Hey, if you don't like me kissing you, you shouldn't have any trouble not kissing back."

"Jack," she growled. Elsa placed her splayed palms on his chest and tried to untangle herself again.

Jack tugged her back down. "Hey, you're not getting away that easily."

"Jack, I-I promised Anna I'd help her bake."

"Anna can wait."

Elsa continued to squirm in his grip. He rolled over her, pinning her beneath him. He smiled pleasantly, which Elsa returned with a scathing glare. 

She had the feeling he was enjoying this. "Jack!"

He pressed a sweet kiss to her neck. "Hmm?"

Her heart raced, pounding in her chest. She clenched her jaw. How did he always manage to make her so... powerless? "Jack, please." Her voice trembled slightly.

His gaze bored into her. He was silent for a few moments. His expression finally softened. He firmly pressed his lips against her forehead. "Alright," he murmured against her soft skin. Jack slowly eased off of her.

A wave of bereftness crashed around Elsa. She untangled herself from Jack and sat up. For a moment, she was at a loss for words. "Thank you," she finally managed.

Jack nodded, his gaze riveted on her. She held his gaze for a moment longer before practically running to the closet, trying to break the hypnotic enchantment that seemed to draw her to him. Elsa tried to put thoughts of Jack out of her mind as she selected her clothing. 

She picked up a pale blue sweater, which hugged her waist and had a shallow 'v' in the front. She held it to her chest, remembering that Jack had chosen that for her. She tossed it back into the closet. Elsa hesitated for a few seconds and picked it up again, sighing inwardly. She selected a cute white belt to cinch around her waist. She was about to select her favorite pair of jeans, but paused. Hadn't Anna said something about men liking skirts? Elsa selected a slim white skirt, unable to help herself. 

She changed in the bathroom. She lifted her hand to her hair, preparing to twirl it into a bun, but hesitated. Jack seemed to like it down. Elsa let out a loud sigh and leaned her hip against the bathroom counter. She bit her lip uncertainly. Today was Thanksgiving. If she were going to dress up any day, today would be the day. She grabbed a pair of black flats on the way out of the room. Jack wasn't there. She wondered where he'd gone.

"Anna?!"

"Coming!" Anna hurried down the hallway. She raised her eyebrows. "You're dressed nicely. Did you and Jack make up? Or is this some sort of thing to make him want you?"

Elsa coughed. "What?!"

Anna plunked her hands on her hips. "Is Jack treating you well?"

Elsa raised an eyebrow, wondering where this was coming from. "Yes... Why?"

"Well, I just heard you crying the other night and—"

"Oh. That." Elsa sighed. "It's a long story."

Anna grabbed her wrist and opened the door to her room, tugging Elsa behind her. "Great. You can tell me the story and I'll do your hair." Without giving Elsa a chance to argue, Anna seated her in front of the mirror and pulled out a purple straightener. "So?"

Elsa pursed her lips, wondering if she should involve Anna. Anna leaned against the counter, waiting. 

"Well... Jack doesn't want to marry me," she blurted.

Anna blinked several times. "WHAT?! I thought you were already married!"

Elsa flinched. "I mean... after this settles down. He doesn't want to be permanently married. Well, he does, but—"

"Elsa. You aren't making sense."

Elsa inhaled deeply. "Alright. Jack doesn't want this marriage. He wants another, permanent marriage."

Anna frowned. "With who?"

Elsa shrugged dejectedly and stared at her lap.

Anna let out a huff. "Well, we'll make him wish you were his forever." She began to run her brush through Elsa's long tresses, a determined look on her face.

xxxxxxxx

Jack heard soft footsteps. He inhaled, smelling something sweet and minty. "Hey, Elsa."

"Hi." She sounded rather aloof.

Jack stifled a sigh, sure that he would never understand Elsa. She walked until she stood next to him. Her arm brushed his, making warmth spread from his arm into his chest. He kept his gaze trained on the pan of sweet potatoes in front of him that he was preparing. He turned towards her, his breath catching. 

Her hair had been loosely curled, sections of it pinned back from her face. She wore light makeup, enhancing her already beautiful features. His gaze was drawn to her lips, which were glossy and pink. He glanced downwards. She wore a pretty blue top, which complimented her figure beautifully. He vaguely remembered buying it for her when they'd gone shopping. She wore a cute white skirt, drawing his gaze to her long, smooth legs. 

His mouth went dry as he glanced back at her face. What was she all dressed up for? His hands trembled with the need to hold her. He cleared his throat and forced his gaze back to the sweet potatoes in front of him, completely forgetting what he was supposed to do next.

"Do you know where the aprons are?" It took him a few seconds to translate her pretty, melodic voice into words.

"I... am not sure." Jack doubted his ability to think at all when she was so close.

"I'll ask Kristoff."

She began to walk away. No! Without thinking, his snatched her delicate wrist. She froze, turning towards him. Her bright blue eyes sparkled softly in the light. He just needed to have her close. Jack didn't know if he could survive unless they made this marriage permanent. With a sharp tug, he pulled her to his chest, wrapping his arms around her waist. 

A sense of possessiveness came over him. He wanted to have her in his arms for the rest of his life. His grip on her tightened and he rested his forehead on her neck. She smelled faintly of perfume. Elsa shivered in his arms. He ran his fingers through her soft curls. He grasped a fistful and brushed it along his cheek. She was so sweet and soft. Gentle warmth coursed through his body. He remembered earlier when Elsa had begged him not to kiss her. He rested his forehead against hers. She glanced up at him with wide, beautiful blue eyes, her lips slightly parted. He inhaled deeply, his breath ragged. He tried to communicate with his eyes what he couldn't bring himself to say. If he said it, he knew he'd be lost forever, crushed when she left him. He tenderly cupped his face with both of his hands. She was so beautiful. So amazing. And he loved her. He closed his eyes, willing himself not to touch her soft, sweet lips with his. For her sake.