Sick, but Lucky.

[Unrequested]. This is a result of boredom and sickness. How I wish I have a namja-chinggu (boyfriend, without a space in between ;) ) too. Imagine your own bias here, alright?
____________________

The sound of your cough echoes throughout your home again, accompanied with a tired grunt from the bedroom. You've been bed-ridden for the whole day, trying to cope with the flu you caught from a passenger next to you in last week's flight that you took. You haven't thought it would be terrible, but when you've realised its severeness, a fever has set in on you.

Living alone in an apartment quite a distance away from the city, going off to a doctor by yourself seems too much of a bold plan at a moment where you're too exhausted to even think. Luckily for you, the worried boyfriend of yours comes to your living pad immediately upon hearing your hoarse voice and series of coughs over one of his daily phone call, despite your best effort to mask your sickness.

  At the sound of the doorbell, your legs unconciously take you to the entrance, opening the doors without checking and totally anticipating him. It feels like a weight is hung to your eyelids, forcing them to close. The bright light upon opening the front door contributes to it more.

"How long have you been sick? Have you seen a doctor? Did you have anything to eat yet?" Your boyfriend's barrage of questions do not fully reach your dizzy mind, but instead, you scan his appearance after not having met him for quite some time. He wears a dark blue cap, but it doesn't stop you from noticing his new hair colour, different from when you've last seen him. It appears that he's much more muscular too, noticeable when you hold on to his arms to stable yourself.

Seeing your half conscious self wobbling in your feet, he resorts to taking you to the doctor since he knows very well that you haven't done it yourself. The whole experience goes by in a blur as the fever starts to take a toll on you. But you do vividly remember your boyfriend's panicked face, asking to see the doctor immediately at the clinic. "My girlfriend is very sick!" You've heard him yell out of frustration.

He piggybacks you all the way to your bed, letting you lie down comfortably, if that's even possible with your ill state, before preparing chicken porridge for you. Every time he hears you coughing and whimpering from your room, his heart sinks a little bit, feeling helpless because he can't make the illness go away.

After a soft knock on the door, his gentle voice enters your hearing. "I've made some porridge for you. Have something to eat before you take the medicine." As if treating a little child, he patiently helps you sit up and feeds you the meal he made despite you insisting to eat by yourself.

"It's not every day I get to pamper you. Let me do this once in a while, alright?" You submissively nods and follows his lead, too tired to protest any further. However, that exhaustion seems to fade away when he attempts to give you the cough syrup prescribed by the doctor earlier. You have no problems whatsoever with pills and tablets but medicine in liquid form is the one thing you cannot handle.

At your strong refusal, your persistent boyfriend counterattacks with a greater secret weapon. "I'll buy your favourite cake once you recover," he promises and you simply cannot turn down that offer.

Your smart boyfriend once bought you a heavenly-tasting cake but never told you where he got the treasure from. You always want more and more, sometimes wondering if he has drugged it or something. It's his utmost strategy as it is your biggest weakness.

"You mean, the cake?" He nods firmly, then gestures towards the small, clear cup filled with dark, thick liquid. "You promise?"

"Yes, I promise, you big baby," he holds out his pinky finger for you to lace yours around it, signifying a successful negotiation between you two.

You close your eyes and nose, quickly downing the childhood nightmare in one gulp, and half a glass of water in another. "I want my cake," you mutter, the horrible aftertaste still lingers in your mouth.

"We agreed that you'll get the cake after you recover," he reminds you again. "Now, get some sleep. Hopefully you'll feel better, or we'll need to go to the hospital."

"You're lucky I'm sick, so I can't say much to argue with you," you smile lightly at him as he pulls the cover over you. Of course, he is more aware of that fact than you are. He sits on a chair by the bed, and you're lying down to face him. Your hands search for his, seeking his warmth which feels comforting to you. "But I'm much luckier to have you as my boyfriend," you continue after a few light coughs.

"Why, because I can give you your favourite cake?" He jokes, expecting a witty answer from you.

"No, because you change me for the better. Having you in my life has turned me into someone I didn't think I could be. Even the toughest moments seem to leave me unscathed if I have you with me. You make the little things in my life seems so much more meaningful; the good and the bad. Also, maybe for the cake too." Your little humour at the end makes him chuckle, but your other words go straight into his heart, making everything he has done for you worth the effort it took.

"I love you, my boyfriend," you mumble drowsily as the medicine starts to take effect, but you're still latching onto his hands, giving you a sense of security.

"I love you too, my baby of a girlfriend."