Chapter Eighteen

"No, no no!" I rush over to the model quickly. "She's suppose to have the leather western style belt with that dress. Who changed this?" I yelled.

I was running around like a headless chook backstage. Three days into Fashion week and our show was finally happening. After long nights and not enough sleep, we had finally made it to the runway. I was honestly exhausted and the only thing getting me through this was Amelia.

She had surprised me. She knew how everything was going and knew I was down. She got here two days ago and is staying for a little bit before heading back home to finish off the build.

She was running around after me. Making sure I ate and kept hydrated. And constantly on tea duty. Also the male models that were on display helped the situation with Amelia staying around more.

"I changed it!"

I turned around to see Phillip working his little fingers into my fashion show.

"Well don't. Please, for the love of God, you better not have changed anything else. This is my show, not yours!" I quickly change the models belt back to the original belt. "CAN SOMEONE FIND ME THAT BLACK WESTERN STYLE BELT NOW!"

A few people rushed around finding the belt. Phillip handed it too me.

"It's broken, that's why I changed it to this belt."

I look at the belt and notice the buckle is broken. I groan and look at him.

"It wasn't me, I swear!" He puts his hands up to defend himself.

I just glared and walked away trying to find another belt. Amelia walked over and handed me a cup of tea. I take a sip before handing it back to her. I rush around checking all the models and making sure everything if perfect.

"Are you ready?"

My head piece goes off in my ear.

"Almost!" I talk back into the headpiece. "PLACES EVERYONE!" I yell and a herd of models gets into place.

The music starts playing on stage and then the cue for the models. First model struts out. I take a deep breathe and wait. Claps happen and I exhale.

Amelia rushes over and gives me my cup of tea. I take a sip, then fixed the next model and getting her onto stage. I skull the rest of the tea, giving Amelia the empty cup and waiting for all the models to enter and exit and then finally get into the finale positions. Phillip stands in the back of the changing rooms waiting.

As models rush around, I make sure that they are prefect. Adjusting hem lines, making sure they have the right shoes and the right accessories. I just wanted everything to be prefect. Because I wanted to prove to myself that I could work through such an event with a broken heart.

The last models leave the stage, the models begin to all head onto stage. They clap while they are walking on. I stand back and watch the crowd stand up and clap. I didn't want to move from where I was standing, but Amelia had other plans. She literally pushed me onto the stage.

A few wolf whistles and loud cheers from the crowd made the smile bigger on my face and the tears of joy descend down my face. I took a few bows with the models before the music started to fade and we left the stage.

Cheers and screams were behind the scenes once I was off the stage. Hugs and kisses and everyone changing. It was hectic right now. And I was just standing back and watching everything unfold before my eyes.

Phillip stood on the other side of the room. A few models undressing around him, but he was oblivious to the whole thing. He instead was looking over at me or hiding his face. My eyes went between him and the change rooms. More the male change rooms. I couldn't think straight with him around. I couldn't think straight to begin with, but with Phillip around, my concentration was gone.