Chapter Eleven

Melbourne was the same. Except for the weather, it was hot. So freaking hot, even being in March.

The office was the same. My desk still had a mess, but with loads more mail and samples. Everything seemed like the same old. It was just another year. A new year, a new me.

I entered the office, wearing a simple summer dress, heels, hat and a satchel. Anna was at the front desk. I walked in, took my sunglasses off and looked at her.

"Isla!" She squealed. She ran out and hugged me tight. Something she rarely did to me.

"Nice to see you too," I breathed out. Anna let go.

"I'm glad you're back. It's been slightly chaotic without you." She walked back behind the reception desk and handed me mail and flowers. "They all came, get well flowers and stuff."

I grabbed what I could and walked to my office. It was the same messy desk that I left four months ago. I dropped things down onto my desk and looked at the mess in front of me.

"Just one step at a time Isla!" I gave myself a slight pep talk.

I dropped my bag and went straight to work. First opening mail, filing it and sorting through the mail. Followed by fixing the new samples of clothing and designs, whilst adding my own little touch. The amount of time I spent in my office that day, I wasn't out of it at any point.

It wasn't until my stomach grew louder and the light in my office started to fade that I realised it was night. I sighed to myself and walked to the kitchen. I made a cup of tea, walked back and grabbed some chocolate from my draw.

I worked all night to finish off everything. Running around like a headless chook to desks and the closet. Placing designs and changes and paperwork on everyones desk. I also spent sometime working on my board proposal for the new store in London and the company move to the UK.

I slept on my couch in my office that night.

Jonathon woke me up. I had slight back pain.

"Hey there sleepy head. How you feeling?" He handed my a cup of tea. I sat up on the couch

I took a sip and sighed in relief.

"I'm alright." I took another sip of tea.

Jonathon sat down on the couch and gave me a look. A look of bad news.

"Alright, why did you really come in here?" And taking another sip of tea.

"You know how there is another CEO, well that person is back today."

And then there goes my sip of tea. All over the floor. I spat it out when Jonathon told me that Phillip was back today. I honestly thought I had more time.

I wiped my tea off my chin and gave Jonathon a look of death.

"That was better than I hoped. Thought you were going to actually kill me."

"Do you see my eyes? And this evil death glare I'm giving you!" I got up off the couch and walked over to my desk and placed my cup of tea down. "I am honestly not ready to see him. Can you just keep him away from me at all times? I'll even stay in here and bring the spare kettle out so I don't have to make tea."

"Isla, you forget that we have a meeting today with the heads of each department."

"Fuck my life!" I lean forward on my desk and hit my head onto the top of it. I groaned loudly.

"That wasn't necessary." Jonathon moved over and grab my shoulders. He kissed the top of my forehead. "Go home, have some proper rest, I'll say like you are having personal day or something. Like the being back home brought bad memories from the accident or something."