Chapter 15 - Long drive outside the city

Mulai dari awal

After engaging in a 30 minutes long shopping spree, I find myself walking up the stairs of Guzzler's Inn. I know it's small and right place for me just sit, watch a match, and basically chill.

As I reach the inside of the bar, a waiter welcomes me and escorts me to a two-seat table – right in front of the television. I take a deep breath and happily place my shopping bags on the other seat. The waiter hands me the menu card, and start perusing it.

I know I couldn't more than "I shouldn't" get drunk because I've to go back home alone. Getting drunk and going home alone would only mean a big-bonus-day for the cab drivers, bus drivers and conductors and auto rickshaw drivers. Therefore, I order one large beer and a plate of pepper chicken. At this time, the massive television screen shows the start of an EPL match between Liverpool and Chelsea. Although I'm a fan of neither of the two clubs I pick Liverpool over Chelsea for no reason whatsoever.

When the match is 10 minutes on and I'm totally into it, the waiter brings me my orders.

"Thanks," I take a short glimpse of his face and nod along, trying to not miss a single snip of the match.

Suddenly, someone very familiar comes in my vision, and I turn to my left at the family table to check once again.

To my utmost surprise, I see Niall along with four girls and one boy having major laughs while drinking. None of his companions look familiar to me and I assume they might be from his office.

Unknowingly, I smile on my own looking at Niall. He looks usual – in a blue half sleeved shirt and dark skinny jeans, and brown suede boots, but I feel different. Ever since I wanted to kiss him, I've been feeling very different. It's bizarre and very surreal and I hate it.

I break my gaze from him lest he sees me staring at him. However, I know that I can't hide in here forever because he'll spot me and once he does he'll ask me to join him and his friends, which I'm not at all interested at. Therefore, I hold my beer glass and pepper chicken plate and move to another table, far away from Niall. I'm almost done settling myself at the new table after placing my last shopping bag on one chair when someone calls my name from the back.

And I know it's Niall.

I close my eyes and swallow, not wanting to talk to him et al.

"Yeah," I smile, and turn around regardless, pretending to be completely normal.

"What are you doing here?" he asks, eyes widened and very excited.

"Ahhmm...." I look around me. "Shopping, I came for shopping," I point to the shopping bags.

"That I can see," he nods. "But, what are you doing here, alone?"

"What? Can't a girl have some lone time to herself, watching a match and drink beer?" I roll my eyes, hoping that he leaves me alone.

"Noddy, you know you're not good at lying to me," he tilts his head and crosses his arms before his chest.

I glare at him for a little longer than normal. His blue eyes twinkle like the bright stars, and somehow that makes me so numb and weak in my knees that I feel like losing control of my body. Also, I know he's right. All those times I've tried to lie to him about Steven and get away with it, he had caught me, so this is going to be no different.

I sigh and look at the ground. "I came here alone," I mumble.

"Why?" he asks, his voice very deep.

I look at him again. "Because my stupid friends cancelled the party at the nick of time," I throw my hands in the air, and shrug in disgust.