Trying X To X Understand

Kurapika followed Leorio into his room. "Sorry about the mess." Leorio apologized. Kurapika nodded. "Take a seat." Leorio suggested, tilting his head towards his bed. Kurapika nodded and sat down on it. "Now, isn't the right time to ask those two about....what happened." Leorio began. "Catching up is gonna have to wait until those two feel comfortable and their able to tell you what happened without shutting down." He continued.

"I didn't mean to-"

"I know. You just.......you missed a lot Kurapika."

"I gathered that." Kurapika sighed. "Yeah well none of that stuff was positive. God. Those two....it was like...they were in a never ending nightmare....even I can't comprehend what they did and what they went up against." Leorio said weakly, holding his hands and tightening his grip on his right hand. But he continued. "It's been a year since then. And they're not even close to moving on. It really hit the both of them really hard." Leorio explained. Kurapika frowned a bit. "I'm sure they'll fill you in about what happened. But....just give them some time and space okay?" Leorio questioned.

Kurapika nodded and his frown deepened. There was a pure look of distress on Leorio's face. "Okay. Are Gon and Killua alright?" It was Kurapika's turn to ask the questions now. Leorio sat for a moment. "Alright is as close as those two are gonna get for right now. The fact that they're both alive, living, talking, smiling, laughing even is a miracle." He replied. "Leorio." The blond said. "I know I know. You want a straight answer. I'm sorry Kurapika. But I can't give you one. The only thing I can say for certain is that those two are the only ones who can help each other. Because only those two know the depth of their situation." Leorio apologized. Kurapika bit his lip. "Are they alright enough for us to go back?" He wondered. "Give them a couple more minutes." Leorio replied.

"Well, because they practically shut down, would they even notice us?" Kurapika inquired. Leorio nodded softly. "Only Killua though, he wouldn't recognize us." Leorio explained. "I see." Kurapika mumbled. 'What did I leave them too? Would they still be like this if I was there to help? To protect them from that cruel fate? Would I have even been able to help them?' Kurapika thought. "Kurapika. I know what you're thinking. And it's useless." Leorio stated. Kurapika looked at him. "How would you know what I'm thinking about?" He questioned. Leorio pulled Kurapika into a comforting hug.

"Because I spent almost half a year thinking about what would've went differently if I was there to help." He replied. They both pulled apart. "But now. The question is. Can you be what those two need to recover? Can you be there for both of them. Cause if you can't, I'm sorry. But you need to step out of their way for a bit. Until they've fixed themselves." Leorio explained, his tone cold. Kurapika frowned. "He-Hey now....no reason to sound so rude there..." Kurapika trailed off, surprised at Leorio's tone.

"Sorry. But what I said still stands. The last thing that Gon and Killua need is someone so wrapped up in their selfishness, thinking about what they could've done if they were there, and forget about what those kids did. They both need friends who can be there for them when their not alright. Not friends who smile with them when they are alright." Leorio explained. Kurapika sighed and looked away from him. "Leorio. I'm not some selfish child who only thinks about himself. You don't have to speak to me like I am one." Kurapika explained.

He shouldn't have said that. Kurapika knows that. But in some sort of fashion, he was trying to get sympathy almost from Leorio. To make him quiet, and realize what he was saying. It didn't work though. "I know Kurapika. I never said you didn't understand. But, trying to move on and deal with it alone is very different from helping someone move on. You can't apply your own experiences. It doesn't work. Everyone has different situations. Some, are easy to move on and forget about. Some aren't. Everyone's is different." Leorio replied. He then sighed. "So. Can you support those two and be the friend they need?" He asked. Kurapika looked up at Leorio. "Of course I can." Kurapika said, quite annoyed.

"If you think that I'd be so selfish you're wrong. Because clearly, I haven't forgotten my dear friends." He replied. Leorio's lips curved and a smile formed on his face. Kurapika knew exactly what he did. He accepted the task. "There he is." Leorio chuckled, siting next to Kurapika and pulling him close into a side ways hug. "I was starting to think my Kurta lost all his burning passion." Leorio chuckled. Kurapika sighed but a small smile tugged at his lips. "Your annoying sometimes." He muttered. "Consider the feelings returned." Leorio replied.

A couple more minutes passed and Leorio gently kissed Kurapika before standing up. "Alrighty. I think those two should be okay now." Leorio declared. Kurapika nodded and stood up as well. They walked into the living room and there sat Gon and Killua. Even though they seemed alright, Leorio and Kurapika waited for a form of a signal. A signal showing it was fine for the two to come back and join their friends. Gon nuzzled his nose against Killua's cheek gently. The two were quietly talking. Kurapika couldn't hear what was being said however. Soon, Gon looked up and saw Kurapika and Leorio standing there. "Ahhh sorry. You two must be starving and we kept you from eating." Gon apologized.

Kurapika looked at Leorio, just for some sort of permission. Leorio nodded. 'Can you be the friend they need?' Leorio's words echoed in Kurapika's mind. He smiled softly and shook his head. "It's alright Gon. I was completely fine with waiting. It honestly didn't matter to me how long I waited. As long as you two were okay. That's all that matters to me."

LEORIO GOT WISE. I loved writing that part XD. Anyways, you guys want another chapter? Cause I'm still in the mood to write! Comment if you guys want another chapter! Bai!