Chapter 9

Time really does fly when you’re having fun, in this case, seeing your girl before you go and sleep at night. Technically, Bailey isn’t my girl yet, but I sure think we’re getting there. I still remember that time she mentioned ‘I’m not her’, which made me smile like there was no tomorrow, but it surely didn’t reshape my jaw or anything.

It was as if she knew what I was talking about, or rather who. Thinking about it, maybe she does have a clue. I haven’t really talked to her about it, though it’s not important. Jaq isn’t important to me anymore. She had her chance and ruined it. As if she’s coming back to me.

It’s the present who I should think about. Bailey, and hopefully if I’m way too lucky, I’d also have a future with her. I’m not giving up.

Bailey is worth it, and it actually surprised me that she hasn’t dated anyone, I could be her first and that’s something I’m looking forward to. I hope I make the cut to be her first boyfriend.

You see, Bailey is like my little baby, my angel. She’s like the Harley to my Lenny, but of course, I didn’t want her to be my daughter, I want her to be my girlfriend. She’s important to me, and I feel like I’m a first timer myself, in this case, not to ruin my chances with her. Everything I do, I see to it that I thought things over before doing anything that could shatter what I have started. My precious little jewel.

“Hey pretty boy, coming to see Bailey baby are we?” Kevin greeted me as he passed by, pushing off dozens of empty carts, and smirking as usual like there’s some hidden meaning every time he talks to me.

If only I could read his mind, but then again, it would probably be full of pulling off pranks and comments to throw in my face, all concerning Bailey. I wouldn’t be surprised at all.

Nodding, I went straight smiling, headed my way to look for her. It was thirty minutes before their closing, which means I have thirty minutes to annoy her, follow her around like I was her lost puppy. Not that I’m complaining, I’d pay to be with her. Oh wait, that sounds horrible. Sure, I didn’t mean it that way.

 “Aisle 26, pretty boy!” Kevin snickered, looking back my way, before continuing pushing off the carts. He had his hand on top of his head, waving back to me.

As soon as I heard the aisle number, I went straight ahead, possibly even running on my way, not wasting any time. And there she was, pretty much the same scenario the second day I went to see her. From the end of the aisle, I was watching her every move. Picking up a product on the box that was sitting on a cart, organizing them on their respective shelves, and arranging them by size and brand was her main goals. Humming a tune or two was just the added bonus. Seeing her sway her hips enjoying the music was entertaining, making me smile and shake my head at how funny, no, I mean, impressive she was. Her dance steps were captivating me, getting me more interested.

If Kevin could see me right now, I’m sure he’d be grinning from ear to ear like I already was.

She was fun to look at, ignoring the fact that people passing by could see her, only to enjoy her time at work, having her own little world. Wearing her earphones, she was bobbing her head to the music, not realising she was going in circles, her apron sort of flowing in the air as she turns around.

Just as I was about to applaud her, she saw me and stopped. Quickly, her face turned into a deep red, embarrassed and shocked, pulling off her earphones.

“Nice moves, Bailey.” I commented as soon as I was standing in front of her, my lips forming into a mischievous smile. And naturally, the boxes of products she was holding onto slipped from her hands.

Shaking my head, I immediately helped her, picking up the items lying on the floor. It took about a couple of minutes before she woke up from her dream before she spoke up. “How long have you been standing there?”