Bound and down

I made a point of being quiet as I packed my things and left the house that night. Launa had gotten all she would from me it was time to get out and make a new plan.

Now that I knew Niall was sick it needed change. Loran had arranged for Liam to come grab me half a mile from the house. We didn't need him in range of this place, who knew what he would do given the opportunity.

I shoved my belongings into the bag and stood on the edge of the stair way looking down the hallway to Niall's closed door. I had told him about me leaving and he agreed that he would come back to the house as soon as he knew he wouldn't be followed by Declan or Launa at that. Something still strained in his voice as he did but I didn't want to start another fight. We were finally falling back into place and the last thing I needed was him flipping back into a dark trance of silence. 

He had given me his leather to mask my scent as I walked and I tucked myself into delicately because I didn't want a single fleck of Niall to fall away.  What I really wanted was to be lying with him in bed, arms wrapped around his neck and pressing kisses into his jaw line. I wanted to be free of whatever hell we had trapped ourselves in and fall away until we were alone. 

Declan knew where we were but it was doubtful that he would follow considering he was out numbered. Niall needed to rest more, he would be in danger of collapsing he didn't. Plus we needed time to remake the serum for Niall. I had stolen to vials of it for Ansel to recreated it. Hopefully he could.

I closed the large door behind me to find Declan standing on the front porch with his hands in his pockets. He turns his head to stare at me and then walks towards his bike.

"Well let's go, I'll drive you." He says quietly while climbing onto the bike. He looks back at me with one eyebrow raised and a smirk pressed into his face. Sometimes I forgot that he was scared unbelievably, like my eyes looked past it once I knew there was a real monster hiding inside. The scar was nothing compared to the black nature of his heart. 

I was caught for words because I hadn't expected for him to like me leave the house without a fight but now here he was offering me a ride. 

I stand and stare at him, "you can't actually think I believed your charade?"

He laughs "Harley, you came here to save him, you have. Now you can go home and make a plan to kill my mother."

"Why aren't you trying to stop me?"

"Because she's a liability to my lifestyle, and she's a twat so what would it matter to me if she was offed." He says starting the engine to his bike.

I climb onto the back carefully and shift my weight so I'm even with him before he takes off down the drive way. Just as he picks up speed he notices Liam's bike to the side of the road and brings the bike to a slow.

"Be careful sunshine," he whispers as he helps me off the bike and takes off before I have time to bark back something mean.

Liam stands waiting for me just inside the tree line and out of sight. He walks up to the highway and watches Declan whip out of sight before he smiles at me.

"That was strange," he says before taking my bag.

"He's on our side apparently..." I whisper staring down the empty stretch of highway.

"I still don't trust him," Liam notes and neither did I.

The drive home was quick and quiet. Liam could read everything that was running  through my head anyways so it didn't matter if I was verbal. I just wanted to collapse in my own bed and close my eyes from the nightmare.