King

Ansel sits in the chair across from me, his thick dark eyes staring back at me like the ocean during a storm. He grinds his jaw tightly and sets his computer down on the table in front of him with a clank.

"Is that it?" he says rudely and I turn my head slightly, then shift my gaze to Louis.

"Yes, that's her. Her name is Harley." Loran says in my silent defense. My arms are stiff by my side, I'm just trying not to make any sudden movement, he seems like the kind to scare easily. He hasn't taken his eyes off me since walking into the house. He looks at me like I can change him with a single stare. That I'm the monster of the two of us and it makes me uneasily angry.

I came in quickly behind him, trying to be quiet but it didn't help so I just plunked myself down on the couch across from him and haven't moved since. "She smells funny."

He says, and I sigh "this is getting us nowhere. We need to know how it works, you are apparently the only one smart enough to tell us that."

"I don't know," he mumbles and I just laugh under my breath.

"We need you to find out how, test my blood, understand it!" I say almost getting angry with his lack of understanding how necessary this was to the safety of everyone.

"I'm going to need a room, to set everything up. And blood, a fair amount from you." He says still staring at me with wide, nervous eyes. He stands when Louis points to the end of the hallway, his father's study was down there and would make the perfect place for experiments on Ansel's part.

Declan was still in the basement, at the moment he was down there with Niall. Upon seeing Ansel he went straight to the basement and hadn't returned. I was slowly figuring out the Niall had very few actual friends. Seeming he had pissed off Liam easily, and then running away from Ansel. Him and Louis would never get along and the only person that truly may have been considered a friend was Loran. And for the most part Loran was an asshole.

I find myself wandering towards the basement, my body takes me there without even a thought to whether or not I should go. But I do anyways, creeping slowly to the stairs and waiting to hear any signs of distress or anger. but there is nothing to be here so I continue on.

Declan is sitting on the floor in the corner when I see him, his knees dragged up into his chest. Niall is sitting on the counter with his legs swinging over the edge like a little kid. Both of them look equally stressed out, both like they were about to puke. Nether of them look up to me but I sit on the stairs and watch quietly. I know they know I'm there because Niall's heart quickens at my footsteps and the hair on his arms raise off the skin. It's strange feeling all of those from him, ever since the other night the feelings haven't faded. They only grew stronger and staring at him now it was both physical and emotional.

His eyes are dark today, heavy with though and quilt but he clenches his jaw in stress and his fists ball in anger. Declan on the other hand is quiet, still and barely breathing next to his brother. They look so different yet had so many similar features. They're jaw lines came to a sharp curve behind their ears and their voices were so similar in tones that you could barely tell them apart in the dark.

"We need dad dec," Niall says calmly and Declan just shakes his head. "He's our best shot at finding out what mom is up to."

"That's crazy drunk hasn't done anything but kill people in the last fifteen years, what makes you think he'll be able to find mom."

My heart squeezes in my chest at the word kill. I knew that they had a hard childhood, the scar on his face was a tell tale of that. Niall's lack of emotions as well, his dad wasn't a parent he was a hunter. And now they were.