Dark Inside

"I'll be fine," Liam stands by the window as I shove the gun Niall had given me into a duffle bags.

"You'll do great," Liam reassures me.

"How many has he killed?" I ask and Liam rolls his head around before looking at me.

"More than anyone should." He finally says. "Kill him and you'll be doing everyone a favor."

"You sure it's the only way to get her attention," he nods at me and walks over sitting on the bed beside my bag.

"She's not going to believe you want to be with her unless you show her proof."

"Yah," I say biting my lip.

"Declan has been watching you," Liam says looking at me. We had decided that the best way to worm my way into their house was to show them.

We had taken turns keeping an eye on Declan floating around downtown for a few weeks. He was following me.

"Kill Westly tomorrow, Declan will welcome you home with open arms."

Westly was one of the guys that had been there when we kidnapped Declan. We had let them go after and Westly had been causing trouble in town and became the best candidate for the plan.

Louis completely disagreed figuring it would actually send me over the edge. But me and Liam had come up with a plan, a good one. Catch and release.

Liam would do most of the hard work, slow Westly down for me. Force him out into the open, all I had to do was aim and fire.

"You'll be fine."

"I'll do great..." I say mocking him.

"You ready to go?" Louis pops into the door way as he rustles with an envelope in his hands. I nod and grab my heavy bag, clothes, a book or two and somethings to keep me safe.

"Hey," Louis stops me as we go to walk downstairs, "dad wanted to make sure you had some money just incase things went sideways. Just some cash for a hotel and a burner so you can hide and call me."

He hands me the envelope and I look inside. "There's over five grand in here. I can't take this."

"You can, and you will."

I shove the money into the side of my duffle bag and hug him tighter than I ever had before.

"Two months until prom," he reminds me.

"I'll be home in two weeks," I joke into the warm smell of his chest.

"If anyone can do this, it's you lee." He whispers into my hair. "I put one of my beanies in the bag for you, and something special."

He pulls back and runs his thumb over a stray tear and cups my face. His eyes are darker than their usual color and his jaw is tight. He was anxious about this. Scared even, and that made two of us.

But he was right. All I could do was find out what was going on, find them a way to kill her and bring Niall home.

He throws his arm around my shoulder as we walk towards the stairs and then disappears outside as we reach the bottom.

Loran stands shoving a pistol into the back of his dark jeans. "Liam left to push Westly out, we have twenty minutes to get to town. Once were on the putter edge Louis will slam on the breaks and you can take it from there. You ready?"