Hold Me In Your Arms

**This is the first and last warning, there is sexual content in this chapter. Enjoy ;)**

"Has he come home yet?" I ask coming down the basement stairs. I hadn't heard from Niall in hours and what felt like days.

From what I understood Declan had changed before they had the chance to leave him in the alley questioning who it was who put him there. So now he was strapped to a chair in the large basement, and set of heavy chains wrapped around his stomach.

His bare chest rises and falls in time with the patter of thick rainfall outside hitting the window. Louis had treated whatever major wounds that were inflicted on Declan and was now standing against a large tool bench waiting.

"Liam went out looking but his scent is gone from the rain, he could be anywhere."

My stomach drops, it wasn't fun playing a waiting game when you were waiting on someone you loved or worse a dead body.

"He'll be back," a voice from the dark of the room calls. Loran steps into the swinging light of the basement and looks at me seriously. "He'll come home Harley, for now get some sleep and ice that jaw."

I look at him for minute trying to find his tell, that little sign that screams I'm lying. But I don't and I still haven't figured it out. But I listen to him, looking over to Declan's body again before wandering back up the stairs.

I find a coffee cup and make myself a large cup of tea before shuffling up to the guest bedroom. I pull off the dirty clothes and find a baggy t-shirt of Louis and let it fall over my body. I kick off my tights, fixing the band of my underwear, I set my phone and the gun from my pants on the side table and sit in bed. Cater had been calling, so had Alex but today wasn't a day I would answer their calls. Eventually they would call Louis and he would make up a good excuse that would buy me another few days of solitude.

I cuddle under the warm clean sheets and wrap my hands around the cup trying to keep heat in my body. Eventually my body begins to over heat so I climb from the bed and find myself pushing the window open. A rush of clean, crisp air flows through the stuffy hot room.

I lay back in the bed and let the air cleanse the room. Not long after I shut my eyes I wake to a crashing sound. I sit up immediately in panic teaching for gun on the table beside me.

But I drop it back down when I realize what the noise was. I crawl from bed to the floor where a very naked and very wet Niall is curled on the floor in a ball. I pull him close to my body not caring about the amount of water dripping off of him.

"Niall?" I whisper to him holding his face to mine just looking for a sign of life. He opens his eyes to look at me and instantly pulls away when he notices where he is. He slams against the opposing wall and brings his knees to his chest.

"I almost killed you," he whispers to himself but I shake my head.

"No you fought it, you didn't hurt me." I say crawling towards him on the floor. He looks at me, almost terrified at the sight but he uncurls and extends until I am able to climb into his lap.

I press my head against his chest and listen carefully to the slow rhythm of his heart inside. He wraps his wet arms easily around my body and tightly holds me. We stay like that until he comes back to himself and urges me to look at him.

"Don't ever do that again," he says.

"I didn't mean to hurt you," I say referring to the cure and not knowing what it would do to his body.

"I mean don't put yourself between me and a wall, always have a way out. I don't care if I die or chance, whatever it may do to me. I just always want you safe and sometimes even the best of us can't control that."