Chapter 23

Pic of the Falcon-Pirate Trophy^^^

Maddie's POV:

Everyone, and I mean everyone who came to cheer on the Falcons rushed out onto the field, the student section in the lead. I quickly grabbed Kylee's hand and pulled her towards Johnny and Luke. I grabbed Johnny's hand and Kylee grabbed Luke's, then we ran out onto the field with everyone else.

A large dog pile was already forming, Blake no doubt at the bottom of it. It was one screaming mass of fans and players alike, ecstatic beyond belief. Then the Pirates brought out the trophy and the dog pile parted. The announcer took this time to state the obvious. I don't think anyone minded, though.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FIVE YEARS, THE LINCOLN HIGH FALCONS WILL TAKE HOME THE FALCON-PIRATE TROPHY!!" He screamed. Blake accepted the trophy from the other team's quarterback and was quickly raised onto his teammate's shoulders.

The crowd once again started their chanting, this time, though, it was alternating.

"KERWINN KERWINN KERWINN"

"FALCONS FALCONS FALCONS"

I spotted the Knight's standing off to the side and quickly directed Johnny and Luke in their direction. I was planning on going to congratulate players. I pulled Kylee with me, knowing she would most likely want to talk to a certain blond jock that she had met earlier today.

As we neared the players, a small crowd was forming on the outside. We struggled to get past them and slowly made our way to the inside. Along the way, I caught sight of Jake and Colton and hugged each of them.

"Are you okay?" I asked Colton, remembering his foul earlier.

"Yeah. Sore neck but I'll live." He grinned, looking at the direction of the trophy.

"Come on," I told them. Kylee and Jake were already speaking but looked at me when I spoke up.

"I'm going to find Blake." They agreed and started following me.

It wasn't hard. You just follow the place with the largest crowd and most noise.

I elbowed my way through until I reached the center.

But then I really, really wished I hadn't.

Yes, Blake was there, but so was Tara. The players were milling about, Cheerleaders mixed in their ranks. In the middle of it all was Blake, still holding the trophy. Tara was hanging off his arm and looking up at him with a megawatt smile. I couldn't help but notice how great they looked together.

My trusty wind-up monkey drummer started his familiar beating and I knew what was going to happen next. God, I wish I didn't know. I should just turn away. I should call his name. But I didn't. Tara tugged on his arm to get his attention and as he looked from one of his friends to her, he caught sight of me.

Recognition flared through his face and a smile graced his beautiful face.

He took a step towards me and it clicked then. You like him, my subconscious screamed.

But I was too late. Tara looked at where his attention was and caught sight of me. Her face scrunched up into a sneer and snaked her hand around his neck and pulled him towards her. Before my mind could process, her lips smashed against his and she kept his head there. The entire time she just stared at me. Eyes open and lips smashed against his.

I stopped in my place and pressure built behind my eyes as the seconds passed. My monkey started going double time until finally, it stopped. My stomach just seemed to drop.