Chapter 18- The Goddess of Destiny

CHAPTER 18- THE GODDESS OF DESTINY

An Abandoned Warehouse
Somewhere in Nevada

-High Prince Alexander-

Sage lost consciousness.

And the moment that her eyes drifted shut and I wasn’t able to see their violet depths anymore, sheer terror gripped me. It was a fear unlike anything I’ve ever felt before. What’s more is that her eyes held that look of immense sadness and finality before it closed. It seemed that she truly knew that this would be the end of her. She was sad but then she also accepted it.

But I can’t. I won’t let her die.

All my life, I’ve been alone. And more than that, I’ve encountered beings that were specifically sent to kill me. At a young age, I trained myself how to fight. I grew up with danger lurking behind every corner. But I did everything I can to survive. And never did I feel any fear. Never was I crippled by something I felt.

Not until now…

Now that I finally have in my arms the girl I’ve been dreaming of for as long as I can remember. It was the dreams and visions of her that has got me through the most troubling times. In my dreams, I was a spectator in her life. It was as if I was plunged into her memories and then watched them play out before me.

That has been the case for years. But recently, something changed.

Before, it was like I was dreaming of her in black and white. And then recently, it changed to Technicolor.

And for the first time I was able to talk to her. I wasn’t just a spectator in her memories of her life. She was in the present with me and we were able to have a conversation and even touch each other in our dreams. And that has never happened before.

I wonder what has changed that it became like this?

And since the first time I talked to her, I looked forward to meeting her. It was all I could think about. Who was this mysterious girl and why am I always dreaming about her? And why does it feel as though I am drawn to her by some kind of invisible strings?

The moment I’ve been looking for has arrived: she’s finally here. But I met her in the heat of battle. And I failed for I was not able to protect her.

But I would not give up…

I did not wait a whole lifetime just to get to know the girl of my dreams and just let her die in my arms. No. That simply won’t do. And I still have to solve the mystery as to why she called me “Your Majesty” and why she kept on insisting that I was some kind of long lost king who will save an entire realm.

I wanted to snort at how ridiculous everything was. Yet just a few moments ago, I witnessed with my own two eyes the proof that magic truly did exist. I remembered the way that the sword lit up in my hands. And the moment it did, it seemed to give me some kind of power. It was like it somehow magnified my energy and increased the speed and force of my attacks.