Chapter 15- Magic

CHAPTER 15- MAGIC

Beside the River
The Camp of Outlaws
Cursed Mountains of Rourke
Aether

-Princess Sage-

“It says here in the book that you have to be one with the elements. Feel them pulse all around you.” Nick instructed

“I know! We’ve been at it for the past three hours already!” I huffed.

“Come on, concentrate. You can do this Princess! We’ll try out small alright? How about we do wind first since it is all around us. Can you move the scattered leaves on the ground?”

I stormed towards the fallen leaves and then concentrated hard. I imagined the air blowing on the leaves and then moving them. I imagined the leaves floating because of the breeze. I held out my hand and channelled my vision into my power...

But nothing happened...

“Nothing happened!” Nick exclaimed.

“You don’t have to point out what is already obvious.” I shouted to him. He flinched and then smirked at me. “Just stating facts.” He said with both palms raised.

I rolled my eyes at him and concentrated harder on moving the leaves. But again, nothing happened.

“What seems to be the problem?” Nick asked me after another hour of trying.

“Err... Well... I think I don’t have any magic... It feels as if it’s all gone.” I replied.

“Hmm...” Nick said and then he began flipping through the pages of the large book he held in his hands. He had this small frown on his face as he scanned the pages for any useful information.

I sat in the ground in front of him and placed my chin on my hand. I looked at him as he read the book. He was so engrossed in it that he didn’t notice my scrutiny. I sighed when he seemed to find something interesting in the book. His green eyes flashed and he murmured something.

Instantly, my stomach felt as if there were birds in it. Nick bit his lip lightly while he was concentrating and my eyes were drawn to it. He had such nice lips. What would it feel like if those lips kissed me?

Wait... What???

Ugh! Sage! Snap out of it!

“Like what you see, princess?” Nick drawled. I was snapped out of my thoughts and noticed that he adapted the same pose as mine and that he was also eyeing me like I did to him. I scrunched my face at him and resisted the urge to stick out my tongue.

Ugh! The nerve of this prince!

“I think I know the problem.” Nick said with a huge grin.

“What?!” I snapped.

“Maybe the iron in your blood counteracts the magic. Also, you have been in the ice for three hundred years. You haven’t meditated in three hundred years. It says here that sorcerers and warlocks need to meditate to be one with the elements...”

“Meditate?” I asked.

“Yes... Maegi is close to the sea. And it says here that the sorcerers and warlocks meditated by the shore where they could be one with all the elements.” Nick whispered as he pointed out a text from the book.