Chapter 12

Two years later

Lachlan's POV
Two years
Two years since Vikk was diagnosed with pleomorphic xanthroastrocytoma (it's a brain tumor that is too far into the brain for surgery, but you can live longer through a recovery process, but that means you only die slower. Symptoms are vomiting, drowsiness, seizures, losing of hair. Most people stop the recovery and just accepted it. I know this is sad, okay? Btw this is true stuff.)
Vikk had stopped the recovery, saying that he rather die and spend the time with me than spend the rest of his life with people he's never met. I love him the same, even though the light in his eyes has dimmed a bit, even when his hair fell out and he had to shave it, even when he would cry because he knows he's going to die, even though the red around his eyes took away from his mocha skin. The day the doctor told us that he had cancer, me and Vikk were at the ice skating rink. I smiled to myself as I walked through the hospital. I made my way to the fourth floor, walking into room 354. And there he was.
Laying on the white hospital bed, with wires coming out of him, the light blue robe covered his chest that rose and fell at a unsteady pace. Vikk's eyes were closed, which meant he was sleeping. I quietly set down the some things from the house to make Vikk more comfortable, a pillow, a galaxy blanket, and a music player. I walked around the bed and sat next to him in the plastic chair. I smiled as I stroked his cheek, a bit colder than normal. Vikk shifted in his sleep and slowly he opened his eyelids to give way to his brown eyes that lit up at what he saw.
"Hey Lachlan..." His voice was hoarse and fragile. The sides of his lips went up when he saw the music player. "Play Small Bump plsssss."
I smiled and pulled out my phone. I scrolled through my playlist until I found Small Bump by Ed Sheeran. (I love Ed Sheeran so much! He's my favorite musician!!)
The speaker began to play the song and the beat of the guitar filled the room.

You're just a small bump unborn, in four months you're brought to life
You might be left with my hair, but you'll have you're mother's eyes
I'll hold you're body in my hands, be as gentle as I can
But for now you're scan of my unmade plans
A small bump, in four months you're brought to live
I saw Vikk's eyes get watery as we listened to the song.
And I'll whisper quietly, tell you nothing but truth
The music drowned in the background as tears slid their way down my face and onto my lap. Vikk was trying to hold the tears, failing miserably. I stumbled over to Vikk and laid my head on his chest. Tears flowed freely down my face name. Vikk just put his hand on my cheek and ran his free hand through my hair.
"I-I don't want you to you to die Vikk. You're the best to ever happen to me and I can't loose you. Please...." I whimpered, sobs made some of my words inaudible.
"Today is- is........A great day- day to be alive." Vikk stammered, almost as if he had forgotten how to speak.
How? How can he so positive? I'm a wreck without Vikk and I'm not even the one who has cancer.
I'm so scared about losing Vikk, but he doesn't seem scared. It seems as if he.....accepts his fate.
When- If he dies, then everything won't matter anymore. I'll be all alone. I'll be dead on the inside.
"Lachlan?" Vikk said to me. He moved his shaking hand to whip the tears, but I held his hand and kept it to my face.
"Y-Yeah Vikk?" I stuttered, tears made my vision blurry, but still clear enough to see the pained expression of my lover.
"Pro-Promise me that no-no matter wha-what happens, you'll sti- you'll still keep Je-Jess safe. I can't die kno-knowing that she isn't safe. I lo-love you more tha-than anything, La-Lachlan Power." He said as tears slid down his face. The monitor began to slow down, the beeping of the emergency alarm filled the room.

3rd Person POV
As the song slowly came to an end, so did Vikk. His skin turned a sickly white and his skin turned cold. Lachlan screamed for Vikk, shaking his limp body, hoping he would wake up from this. Doctors pushed Lachlan out of the room, who tried desperately to get back to Vikk.
"Sir please this is a serious situation and our doctors need room to work." A nurse told be as Lachlan as he ran his fingers through his hair.
Back to Vikk, doctors tried to save the boys life. "One. Two. Three. Clear!" A doctor yelled as he tried desperately to revive Vikk. Vikk's chest rose and fell at an unstable pace. His body was limp and he was cold. The doctors tried two more times, hoping of ever seeing those warm brown eyes again.
"VIKK!!!!! PLEASE!!" Lachlan sobbed as he pounded of the metal door that separated him and his true love, who's life monitor had gone, flat.