Chapter 6

IM SORRY DAD, I KNOW YOU LOVE ME BUT I NEEDED A BAD GUY IN MEROME AND IF I DID JEROME DANNY WOULD GET MAD AT ME.
Love you Dad :) <3 -Jess

Vikk's POV
I woke up next to something warm, so I scooted closer to it. I heard a groan and that's when I remembered where I was. I quickly sat up and saw Lachlan next to me. His blonde hair went this way and that way, so adorable ....WAIT WAIT WAIT! I CAN'T FALL FOR MY MASTER! I looked at the clock and it read 11: 56. I shook my head and got up, careful not to wake Lachlan up. I walked down stairs to make breakfast, but I was tackled to the ground.
"LACH.......your not Lachlan." A boy said. He looked my age. He had brunette hair, hazel eyes, and tanned skin. He wore a red and black checkered hoodie, a white T-Shirt, blue jeans, and red high top converse. What I saw next pissed me off so much. I saw a girl around 12 years old with brown, long hair that reached just above her elbows, tanned skin, and big brown eyes that I recognize anywhere. She had a blue and black checkered hoodie that she always wore, a black undershirt, simple blue jeans, and black combat boots that only one person I know could wear all day, everyday. Jessica had scars on her skin and what looked like several fresh whip marks. The boy with the checkered hoodie had a collar around her neck, her hands tied together, and a gag in her mouth. Before I could say anything, Lachlan came down the stairs.
"MITCH!!! Damn the boys are in the house!" Lachlan said as he hugged 'Mitch'.
"Lachy who's this?" Mitch asked as he pointed to me.
"Oh that's Vikk. Dad got me a new slave after the last one." Lachlan said. I've always wondered what happened to the last slave, but it seemed like a closed subject to Lachlan.
"Mitch where's Jerome?" Lachlan asked, looking around for 'Jerome.' As if on cue, a tall guy walked out of the kitchen with a sandwich and a glass of water. He had brown eyes, tanned skin, brown hair, and he had a really big nose. He was wearing a tux with a red tie, and black converse.
"I heard my name." Jerome said as he sat on the leather couch.
"Oi oi oi Jayrome what you doing eating all my food?" Lachlan joked. Jerome pretended to cry while Jessica had eyes full of fear. Mitch looked at Jess and smirked.
"Jessica go make us some breakfast, okay? If you try to escape then I will not show as much mercy as I did last time, do you understand?" He said sternly. Jess didn't reply, just simply put her hands out that were raw from her pulling at the rope so much. She watched Mitch carefully as he untied her wrists and pulled her gag out of her mouth, which Jess didn't look too pleased about. She was about to take the collar off, but Mitch swatted her hand away.
"Leave it on." He demanded. Jess didn't respond and went to the kitchen. Suddenly Lachlan face that was normally childish and fun turned dead serious.
"Mitch what the legit fudge? Why did you get like a 12 year old?!??" Lachlan asked, sounding kind of pissed off. Mitch just shrugged.
"I thought she be a good housekeeper, but that girl put up a pretty good fight before I could get her in those bindings." He showed us a big purple bruise on his arm. I smiled to myself knowing Jess hasn't been broken yet. "Jerome had to tackle her to the ground while I got the rope on her."
"Dude what the fudge still, that's a kid. I saw those marks on her face." Lachlan said with disgust.
"Hey Lachlan she's my slave and I can do what I please with her." Mitch said, sounding a little pissed off as well. Jerome was just watching like me. I mean what else are we suppose to do? We were slaves, nothing more. They were cut off by Jessica walking in with a plate of bacon, eggs, several pieces of toast, and a pitcher of orange juice. She darted her chocolate eyes from the door to Mitch, who as watching her carefully as if expecting something to happen. She slowly set the tray down on the wooden coffee table and placed five plates down. Mitch picked up one of the plates and told her that there was only four of us.
"What the hell Mitch? Do you not feed the kid?" Lachlan asked.
"No she can survive on bread and water, the same as the rest of the slaves." He said. I got a little annoyed because it was true. At the slave trade they would give two slices of white bread and two cups of water per day, that was why most slaves died because they weren't used to the diet. They were used to grand meals everyday. Jess and I were the same, struggling in London, stealing food for our families. Well Jessica was a orphan so she only had to take care of herself while I had to get food for my mother, brother, and sister. Jessica told me that they took her from the treehouse she had built herself while she was sleeping. I wish I could have been there for her, Jess was like a little sister to me.
When she came from the kitchen she brought utensils, napkins, and four cups for us. When she got to me, she gave me a sad look. She asked if we needed anything else and everyone said no. She looked at me strangely and asked if she could use the bathroom. Lachlan told her where it was and as Jess passed me, she hit my arm. I decided it was best to play along.
"Lachlan may I use the restroom." I asked him. He nodded and I excused myself from the table. I hurried up stairs and put my ear to the bathroom door. I heard little sniffles and Jessy's soft cries.
"Oi oi oi Jessy? Let me in, I won't hurt you." I said softly.
"Vikky? Is that you? He didn't come with you, right?" Her voice was hoarse. She opened the door, pulled me in, and closed the door shut. She was sitting on the black tile floor, tears streaming down her delicate face that was covered in whipping scars. She jumped up when she saw I was in and she hugged me. She held me like she was afraid I wasn't real. I slowly melted into the hug and started hushing her sobs. After about five minutes, she collected herself. She let go and whipped the tears away, leaving her eyes red.
"Vikk I can't believe it! You look awesome, you hitting it off with that Lachlan guy?" She joked. I blushed a bit. That's what I loved about Jessica, she could be so broken but still be able to look at you and smile.
"No just the usual. Are you ok? That guy seems like a asshole." I said. She nodded her head.
"I'm basically the servant. Cleaning dishes, doing the laundry, making the beds. Him and Jerome are a couple so you could say......Merome is real." She said with a poor smile. "He whipped me in the face when I tried to escape. I'm still the same Jess, still looking for a way out."
"Nice cause I don't think I could live knowing that you gave up." I chuckled. I cleaned the rest of her tears.
"Vikk you have to get me away from him. He........abuses me verbally." She said in a low voice, tears slowly moving down her face.
"Shhhh don't worry." I said with a smirk as I whipped her tears away. "Icky Vikky's got a plan."

===============================================================================
YAY 1328 WORDS!!!!!!!!!!! SO SORRY FOR THE LACK OF UPDATES!!!!!!!!!
Much love -Ms Marvel