Part 2:

Your eyes were heavy with drowsiness when you woke. You dragged yourself out of bed.

You read over your schedule. First you had Transfiguration, then Defence Against the Dark Art's with the Gryffindors. You were a bit nervous to meet the other students. You wondered if you could make friends with some of the other house's kids.

The silver and green tie was way too hard to figure out. After watching the other girls try and fail, you gave up. You wrapped the black robe around yourself and made your way down the spiral staircase to the common room.

Energy filled the room as all the new students got ready for their first day. That Malfoy kid stood in the corner screaming at some poor second year. Everybody watching seemed so amused that a second year was being bullied by a first. You rolled your eyes.

You definitely wanted to get to know people, but he didn't seem like friend material. Despite the fact that he tried to talk to you, you wouldn't even consider it.

You kept your eye on the scene. He was screaming something about "touching my things" and "do you know how much money that cost?"

A short girl stood next to him, batting her eyelashes.

"You get him Draco." She spoke in a super annoying, high pitched voice.

He turned all his anger into a very intense glare. She pouted in response.

You started snickering, not realizing you only stood about ten feet away from them. They both turned and looked at you.

"Something funny?" The girl who had been sucking up to him seconds ago asked.

He glanced at you and crossed his arms. You stopped smiling and shook your head, feeling your face grow warm. You turned around to walk toward the other group of kids.

The prefect, Charles, was demonstrating how to put on your tie. He was very helpful and you quickly got the hang of it. Soon after you forgot your previous moment of embarrassment.

It had just turned seven thirty when all of you got lined up and ready to go. You headed out the door and straight up the staircase.

When you got to breakfast, everyone sat down next to their friends and siblings. Your brother, Casey, was too young for Hogwarts yet. Seeing everyone else with their relatives made you miss him.

You each sat at your house's table's. None of you dared to socialize with the others yet in fear of being tormented for it. You sat down in the same spot that you had the night before. Draco did the same, along with his friends. They were right across from you again.

"Parkinson is in over her head. I would've laughed too," He gave you a smirk.

You smiled back, still cautious of him, but grateful for the reassurance.

You didn't talk much after that.

Attending your first class wasn't as hard as you'd expected. You didn't exactly make any friends, but a group of Slytherin girls invited you to sit with them at least.

You were overjoyed when it was time to use your wands. The entire class struggled to cast their first ever spell.