I roll my eyes, looking down at the ground, "While I stood and watched." I mumble softly enough for only the girls to hear.

Dinah elbows me harshly, giving the old man a small smile. "It does. We were all up here to be congratulated for our outstanding qualifications."

He removes his glasses, clearing his throat with a short nod as we near closer towards him. "Unfortunately, the reason why I have brought you all here is not something you should be content about at all. This is way off, actually..."

My heart only hammers loudly and rapidly against my chest as soon as he lets us know that, realizing it he really knew about what we had done. I don't let him know I'm nervous or scared about anything as he observes me closely. I only furrow my brows, faking a look of confusion, "What is it, professor?"

"I don't want to accuse anyone of telling me about this," He rasps calmly, folding his hands over his bulky sky blue robe, "But, I couldn't have figured this out on my own, either. I don't want to blame any of you for doing anything wrong. But I will ask you four one question you will have to answer truthfully."

I take a small glance at Dinah who doesn't seem affected at all by his request, while Normani, Ally, and I stood beside her, shitting bricks inwardly but not noticeably freaking out. "Sure, anything."

He seems impressed by how calm we all remained, and part of me was starting to wonder if he could see right through our lie, "What exactly were you four doing out of your dorm past ten when you should have remained asleep inside like the rest of your house?"

At that point, all I could do was remain silent and still, because I knew that if I spoke, I would most likely blurt out some stupid shit to get us all punished. So I stood there, smiling like a ninny while the rest of the girls anxiously turned towards Dinah for an answer.

"Why would you think of such a thing, professor?" She asks calmly, making it even worse for me as I suggest to keep from blushing. He only shrugs calmly as well, this time walking around the old wooden desk.

"I asked our witness the same thing." He looks her dead in the eye, raising an eyebrow in suspicion. "It's why I'm asking you four. Now, you won't be punished harshly if you tell me the truth, that's my rule. So if you have anything to say, go ahead and say it now."

Dinah doesn't say anything after that, silently glancing at me for some help. I don't dare to meet the eyes of the old man as I can practically feel his dark brown eyes on me from where I stood. Even though it took almost three minutes of silence, I still managed to give him a clear answer,

"Professor," I swallow hard, scratching my chin softly. "I'll admit that we weren't dorm when we were supposed to be, but besides that, we hadn't done anything wrong." He raises an eyebrow, "You see, the whole thing was a dumb dare that I shouldn't have done as I look back it now. We were challenged by those evil Slytherins and I was so mad, I accepted their dare in sneaking out past our bedtime. I know I shouldn't have let them get to me...none of us should have. We're sorry for that, professor."

After that, I say nothing else but look up at him guiltily as he stares back at me, nodding softly. Could he have actually believed me? He glances at Ally then, "Ally dear,"

Ally looks up, her hands folded behind her back as she stands quietly. "Yes, professor?"

He only shakes his head, "I'm surprised to hear that you were part of this whole scheme. I expect more from you since you are prefect in that house. You are expected to make better decisions for your younger roommates because you're the oldest, just like any other last year trained wizard in each dorm."

She only nods softly, not looking as upset as I thought she would, "Yes, professor. I apologize for failing to complete my duty of taking good care of the girls. This won't happen again, I assure you."