Chapter 1

Author's Note: Hi, I just wanted to say something  before you start reading. I started writing this book when I was twelve years old, so it's going to be a little 'basic' in the beginning. However, I promise you, that it gets a lot better as the story goes on and as you read more chapters. I would change the first few chapters, but I like keeping them in the book, because it shows how much I've grown as a writer over the years. The sequel to this book contains a lot more adult content than this one. Please give this book a chance, I promise you won't regret it :) enjoy.

--------------

Grande Mocha Latte with extra whip and caramel drizzle. I handed the middle aged man his drink after calling his name. What an exciting day it was: making branded coffee most of the time and listening to my boss complain about her "no good boyfriend who doesn't know a thing about romance". Although I shouldn't be complaining about Erica.... She was the one who landed me this job. I was about to go take my lunch break when I heard the front door open. With a smile, I looked up to greet the customer, when I was met with the most beautiful pair of blue eyes I had ever seen.

They were just like the color of the ocean on a sunny day and his hair! I just want to run my fingers through- Wait what? I don't even know the guy and yet I was caught staring at him. Great job Elizabeth. Now focus on your job!

"Hi, my name is Elizabeth, may I take your order?" I said, trying my best to sound professional.

"Hey, I would like a venti Caramel Frappuccino with extra whip." The dirty blonde boy said with a smirk playing on his lips. I noticed that he had an Irish accent.

"All right and may I have your name?" My voice shook with nervousness as I tried to avoid his cheeky gaze.

The stranger's stare could be felt shifting from my face to my name tag. It took him a few moments to respond back to me. "My name is Elizabeth's boyfriend."

"What?!" I exclaimed, dropping the cup and pen in the process.

"Kidding! The name's Niall, Niall Horan, but in all honesty I would love to be your boyfriend." Niall chuckled extending his hand out for me to shake. Realizing I had no intention of shaking his hand, he withdrew his gesture and instead handed me his payment.

Without looking at me, he walked to the other side of the café, settling down on a leather burgundy chair. Niall took his phone out of his pocket and started tapping away. I realized that I was staring when Niall raised his eyebrow at me, a small smile displayed on his lips. Shaking my head, I got his order ready as quick as possible. Once I called out his name, Niall confidently walked over to me, his grin displaying a clear set of braces.

"Thanks Elizabeth." Niall said, but before he could walk out the door, he turned back around and said " I will be seeing you soon."

He winked and slid down his Raybans over his sea-blue eyes, pushing the door open after doing so.

I shook off his comment, and grabbed my red over-the-shoulder bag. Taking off my apron, I did an inspection of my outfit, making sure there wasn't a stain on my black Starbucks polo or fitting black dress pants. Satisfied with my review, I skipped out of the backdoor wearing my red Toms.

I speed walked to the local sandwich shop, where I would meet my best friend Rose for lunch. She greeted me as I took a seat across from her in the booth.

"Hey Elizabeth! I already ordered you a grilled cheese sandwich." Rose said. "Oh and here's your Pepsi."

"Thanks! So any news?" I said, starting off the conversation. Deciding that I should tell her about Niall at the end of our lunch break, I calmly took a sip of my drink.

"Well, today at work, this lady made a mannequin collapse onto the floor! Then, she had the nerve to blame me for it, even though I was standing ten feet away from her!" Rose explained angrily.

"Oh my gosh! Seriously? What did you do?" I laughed.

" I was like 'lady you need to calm down or else I will kick you out of this store.'" She replied back, her tone filled with seriousness, but had a hint of amusement. A strand of her brown hair fell over face, but was soon tucked away by her slender hand.

"Then, her face just turned a deep color of fire truck red and she was shouting for my manager! Lance came in and I quickly filled him in." Rose started to giggle as she relived the humorous moment. "You should've seen her face when Lance grabbed her by the arm and dragged her out! She was yelling all sorts of profanities about how we were making a scene."

I shook my heads as chuckles slipped last my lips.

Looks like I wasn't the only one who had a weird day at work so far.

Just after we calmed down from laughing so much, our food arrived. While Rose busied herself by taking out the pickles from her sandwich, I directed my gaze towards the large window beside me.

My thoughts wandered to none other than Niall Horan. The thought of seeing him soon scared me, and yet I had this warm feeling about him actually liking me. I didn't know if it was just hormones (an eighteen year old girl got to have them) or I just really did feel like we had some sort of connection. I wanted to know him better, but I didn't want to take the chance of being heart-broken like my neighbor Cassidy. News spread through town that she went insane after finding out that her fiancée cheated on her with her sister. Never could I go through such pain in my life.

Maybe he is interested in me. He kept smiling at me and even said he wanted to be my boyfriend. That means something right?

My subconscious took off her square glasses and gave me a scolding eye-roll. She pursed her lips in disappointment and I got the message she was trying to send me.

What am I thinking?! Niall is a complete stranger and here I am, obsessing over him! This isn't like some movie where he and I fall in love and have a happy ending. This is real life. Besides, he's just a customer and I am an employee who just so happened to serve him a drink today. He flirted harmlessly with me, but I clearly showed him I wasn't interested. No big deal.

"Elizabeth, are you alright?" Rose asked, confusion written all over her face. I blinked at her, half of my mind still being entertained by my thoughts. A few seconds of silence passed before a giddy smile broke through her face. "Is it a boy?"

"It isn't what you think. Basically, I met this guy at work and he was friendly. And by friendly, I mean really friendly. He said that he was going to see me soon and I don't know whether I should be scared or flattered." I babbled, waving my hands around for emphasis.

My heart leapt with surprise as Rose slammed down the ketchup bottle in her hand, a few droplets squirting out of the top. The usual calm and collected girl looked like she was about to bolt out of the door screaming bloody murder.

"That isn't safe Elizabeth! He could be some kind of stalker, or worse! We should tell the police." Rose exclaimed, horrified.

"I know and that's what I'm worried about. He looked so confident and determined to have something from m-"

Just then, I looked out the window and saw a black Range Rover drive into the parking lot. My eyes widened in shock as Niall got out of the car, followed by a brown-haired boy that looked like a close friend of his. Before I could turn away, hoping he wouldn't notice me, Niall took off his sunglasses and gave me a devilish grin.

"Oh shit."

------------

Author's Note: So what did you think of the first chapter? I hope you enjoyed it! Picture of Elizabeth on the sidebar! Thank you and keep reading!

Also, this story is mine and is original. I did not base it off any book nor did I steal ideas from others!

COMMENT VOTE AND FOLLOW!!

~Lizzie