Starry Night Prom

Prom

***Annabelle***

I sat on the floor of our room wearing my robe and undergarments waiting patiently for Isabelle to finish doing my toes. Tonight was prom, and everything was going to be perfect.

We finished putting the last of the decorations last night and it felt like a ton was lifted off my shoulders. Isabelle and I went shopping and I forced Isabelle to get a dress.

"Done!" Isabelle exclaimed. I looked at my perfectly polished toe nails, they were green, and the same color as my dress. I got into my dress and it was even more beautiful as when I tried it on in the store. It was a green strapless dress; the color of my eyes, with sparkles on the top, cascading down to the floor, slowly fading away.

The dress clung to my body perfectly and swayed just enough when I spun. The only jewelry I wore was the gold locket I wore every day. I wore gold heels that I had trouble walking around in. Isabelle curled my hair and pulled some of it back, leaving the rest in soft curls on my shoulders.

"You look beautiful Annabelle!" Isabelle said as we looked in the mirror. "Thank you, now it's my turn to do you!"

"Lucky me." I heard her say under her breath. I just rolled my eyes and went to work on my sister.

Once I finished, her hair was in a soft bun with a few loose curls around her face. Her blue dress was stunning on her, and the silver heels pulled the look together.

"Now we both look beautiful." I said as she looked in the mirror. There was a knock on the door and I went and opened to find Chase and Jace standing there looking as handsome has ever. My eyes were fixed on Chase. His mouth was slightly parted as he stared at me. He wore a black tux with a green tie matching my dress.

He kissed my forehead and whispered "You are truly beautiful."

I decided to encourage everyone to take pictures, so we did and then we were off.

Prom was held in the ballroom so we had to walk. We walked separately. My hand was intertwined with Chase's as we trailed behind Isabelle.

"Oh I Hope everyone likes the decorations.

"They will love it!" Chase said reassuring me. I gave him a warm smile and he returned it.

"So how is the speech coming?" I groaned, “Don’t even ask! I have nothing! I can't write a speech."

He stopped me and took a hold of my shoulders , "Annabelle you are the best writer in this whole school, you can do it. You’re over thinking it. Take it like a math problem just let it come to you." He said encouraging me. he always knew just what to say, why couldn't he do the speech?!

I rested my head against his chest and I felt his arms wrap around me. We began walking again and when I saw the lights of prom and I felt Chase grab my hand, everything seemed to slip away. I felt a smile form on my lips where it would stay all night.

The ballroom was even more beautiful than I pictured. Twinkling lights covered the ceiling with a few big stars hanging down. Several people came up to me, complementing me on the great job I did. I smiled proudly as my eyes traveled the room.

"My, My, don't you look beautiful Annabelle." I heard a familiar voice. I spun around and saw Jordan standing behind me.

“Well don’t you look pretty spiffy yourself." I said tugging on his tux.

"I try." he paused, " So Chase can I steal your girl for one dance?" he asked with a hopeful smile.

"Go right ahead." he said releasing my hand. Jordan held out his hand, "Why don't you ask me, I am the one having to dance. What if I don’t want to dance with you?" I said jokingly.