Didn't see this one coming

****Isabelle****

I stood outside, dribbling the soccer ball back and forth as the hot sun bled through my shirt and into my skin. I aimed for the net angrily. I briefly swung my leg back and then pushed it forward with as much force as possible. The ball swiftly pushed into the net and I let out a breath I hadn't realized I had been holding.

Why was Ashton mad at me? I don't remember doing anything to upset him so he has no right to be a jerk to me. He knows I have a short temper better than anyone so why the heck would he go out of his way to piss me off?

"You know, it's better to have an actual goalie." I heard a familiar voice. I turned around to come face to face with Jace. I hadn't even realized he was standing there. I scowled and turned back around to retrieve my soccer ball.

"Look," he sighed. " I'm sorry if we started on the wrong foot." I just kept walking to get the ball. When I reached it I took it on under my foot and swiftly kicked it up and caught it in my hands. Too furious to even look at Jace, I began to walk away.

Jace jogged out in front of me and I stopped. "Why do you hate me?" he questioned. " I don't hate you,"

"Oh good because I-"

"I just don't like that you exist." I finished, cutting him off. He scowled at me and I smirked.

"What do you want?"

"To talk to you. I just think we got off on the wrong foot." I looked at him incredulously but his blue eyes full of sincerity made me calmer.

"Fine. Just don't be a butt-head and all is well." I said, pointing at him menacingly. He nodded happily. He extended his hand and signaled for me to take it. We shook hands, "Nice to meet you Freckles, I am Jace Matthews." I laughed and smiled as this time, when he called me Freckle's I didn't mind as much. "Nice to meet you Dip--" I cut myself off, "Jace." I quickly corrected. He laughed this time and I couldn't help but stare. It was a soothing laugh, a sincere laugh

He was still holding my hand when a question popped into my head and I ripped my hand away from his. "Hey did you see if Ashton is out yet? I really have to talk to him." I explained. Jace's eyes suddenly turned a cold blue. I looked at him questioningly but he just sighed and shook his head.

"Why do you have to talk to him anyway?"

"Well he's been avoiding me and he's mad at me so I'm going to ask him why. I hate it when Ashton gets mad at me." Jace nodded slowly and I pursed my lips at him. "So how's your sister?" he asked me as he began to take a hold of my soccer ball. "Uhm she's good." I responded, unable to understand why he asked the question. Oh goodness if he likes Annabelle too then there are going to be some issues with his brother.

He began to dribble the ball around and passed it to me. "Do you play soccer?" he asked me. "No I just like carrying soccer balls around and going to random tryouts." He snorted a laugh and I smiled at him. "Sarcasm: a mans best friend"

"And woman." I added.

Suddenly I spied Ashton staring at me and without hesitation I began to run toward him, leaving Jace behind. Once I was close enough to Ashton I could see that he was still furious. "Still mad at me I see." I pointed out. He looked away and began to walk. "Ashton!" I yelled as I took a hold of his arm. "Why are you mad?"

"Why are you ignoring me?" he retorted. I gave him a questioning look. "Don't worry, I see you have new friends. I don't want to be a bother." Oh so that's what this is about?

"You're mad at me because I'm actually making friends?" I exclaimed. "Whatever." he muttered. I felt my blood begin to boil. "No it's not whatever! You can't possibly be the one telling me not to have friends because for years you urged me to have them!"