Running Away

Chapter 16: Running Away

***Isabelle***

“Okay see you later guys!” I waved goodbye to Jordan and Annabelle as their figures disappeared into the distance. I sighed in retreat as I realized that Annabelle was just running away from what happened last night. That reminds me, I need to go talk to Chase. I don’t know what the hell happened last night but I plan on finding out!

I ran upstairs to change into my white track shorts and my white and navy striped shirt. I let my hair down, falling in its fiery force. I hated wearing my hair down but it was better than putting it up wet. I glanced in my mirror and found that I wasn’t wearing my necklace. “Where did I put it?” I questioned as I dug back into my memory. “Oh, on the desk third door down.” I remembered, picturing it in my memory.

I quickly jabbed open the drawer and placed the gold chain around my neck as I checked to see if I had the bracelet that Patricia had so kindly given to Annabelle and I. Okay I guess everything is checked off my list and I have no more excuses not to go downstairs and face everything as it plays out.

Oh wait I have to go talk to Chase! I hurriedly ran downstairs and just as I spotted Sam I ran over to her and placed my body in front of hers. “Hey have you seen Chase?”

“He’s not the one you should be looking for.” I heard her mutter as she picked her plate up and sauntered over to the sink. “Have you?” I asked her again, ignoring her last comment. “Uhm, I don’t know. I’m not his babysitter.” She jabbed at me. Okay I will admit, that got to me a little but Annabelle had taught me to be less angered during the past few months.

“Sorry I just thought that since you want to spend every aching second with him that you would know where he was.” And with that I turned on my heel and ran upstairs. Hey, I never said I wouldn’t be mean! Annabelle and I hadn’t gotten to that part of the lesson yet.

Where to look where to look? I poked around in Chase's room but he wasn’t there, I went to Annabelle’s room to check if maybe he had tried to look for her there but no such luck. I ran back downstairs and out of the door as I was met by the morning gust of wind that had become my familiar haven, that is until I spied the most unwanted face.

“Izzy, how are you? How have you been?” Mona’s screeching voice came at me like nails scraping a chalkboard. She hung on Jace’s arm as he placed his arm firmly around her waist. Okay I will admit that that sight right there kind of left me stunned. “Oh fine Mona, how have you been?” I tried to be a bit nice but I clenched my jaw tight.

“I see you’ve kept my man happy, how much do I owe you?” she smirked at me.

“Hmm let’s see,” I began as I tapped my chin with my right pointer finger. “You owe me an actual intelligent comeback and—oh wait! You can’t even spell intelligent.” I spat as I approached her. “It’s okay wittle baby, maybe your sugar daddy over here can get you a lollypop if you’re good.” I mussed her hair and pulled back, not once looking at Jace. He clearly moves on fast so I’m just going to go look for Chase elsewhere.

I walked back into the house and stopped as I found Cameron and Valerie clearly making out in the living room. Wow, okay that one hurt a little more. So both guys have clearly gone from liking me yesterday to making out with some other girls. Okay then!

I ran up the stairs and into a room that seemed like an entire library rather than a room. The shelves were stacked with books and I stopped mid-step to admire the beauty. “Wow, this is great.” I whispered.

“Isn’t it?” Chase came into view. He was slumped down in a plush cushion reading the Princes Bride. I glanced at the book and walked over to him. “Reading Annabelle’s favorite book I see.” He stifled a humorless laugh and looked at me sadly. “Pathetic I know.” He sulked.