Together

Chapter 28: Togehter

***Isabelle***

I could feel Jace's cold breath on my hand. I could feel a warm liquid trace my silky skin. Was he crying? "Isabelle May, I know you can't hear me but maybe it's better this way," he sniffled and lifted his head. I kept my eyes shut, wanting him to continue. I couldn't open my eyes and feel him drift away. If he sees that I'm awake then he won't speak to me and I need to hear his voice. "I really really--" Jace was cut off by the loud fumbling of a doorknob.

 He immediately took his hands away and pulled his body back, taking with him the warmth I longed for. "I know, they better make up or I'm gonna have to hear about it everyday." I heard Jordan's husky voice bellow as he busted through the door. I kept my eyes shut, not wanting to give myself away.

 "Shut up! You're gonna wake Isabelle." I heard Ashton shush Jordan as they came further into the room.

"What do you mean wake?" Jace's voice sounded shocked and panicky.

 "Well she's already woken up. I think she's just sleeping now." Jordan answered calmly.

"What? She woke up and no one told me?" I could hear the edge in Jace's voice as he got up from his seat.

 "Well you were being treated," Ashton quipped.

"But I told you guys I wanted to be there!" he screamed in outrage. I could feel a warmth spread through my body as he spoke those words. He actually wanted to be here for me. He cared. He still cared.

 "Dude chill, she's asleep." Jordan scooted over to the right side of my bed, far away from Jace.

"Yea, she's just so asleep it's unbelievable." Ashton's voice rang out skeptically. What is he talking about?

"You know Isabelle has so many embarrassing secrets." I could almost picture the smug look on Ashton's face as he spoke. I felt like jumping him and killing him if he spoke; but I couldn't or my cover would be blown.

 "Seriously?" Jordan laughed, obviously intrigued.

 "Well, for starters, she has a birthmark on her-"

 "Shut up, shut up!" I screamed hysterically as I shot off the bed, making pain shoot through my side. I ignored it and looked menacingly at Ashton as he smiled brightly at me.

"I knew you weren't asleep." he smirked as I looked at Jace's shocked expression.

 "How did you know?" Jordan asked quizzically, looking briefly interested.

"She is such a restless sleeper that she can't sleep still for more than a minute." he laughed.

 "I meant about the birthmark; because clearly it's somewhere very embarrassing." My attention shot to face Jordan, as did everyones attention. Jordan just stared at Ashton who had clearly not come up with an adequate answer yet.

 "Yes, how did you know that?" Jace asked calmly whilst still looking at me with his cool blue eyes. I gulped down the knot that was building in my throat as I tried to lie back down.

"Well when we were-when we were kids," Ashton stuttered as he too, gulped down hard. "Isabelle and I would go into my pool and since we were little we didn't really care about the whole being in our birthday suits situation, so we-"

 "I think they get it Ashton." I interrupted him. Immediate relief washed over him as he sighed contently.

 "So you guys saw each other-"

 "They were kids!" Jace yelled, interrupting Jordan's fit of laughter.

"Sorry." Jordan held his hands up in defense as he back away and headed for the door. "Well I guess you two," Jordan motioned between Jace and myself. "Have to talk." Ashton finished as