two

Kate

We pulled into a neighborhood as Mrs. Dolan turned the radio down.

"Your parents never need to know about this car ride," She warned Kirsten and I jokingly. We laughed and her face softened into a smile. Mrs. Dolan was our escape from our parents when we were little. We used to live in New Jersey with them and were at their house all the time. She let us act like actual kids.

Our parents never treated us like children. We were raised to act like my dad's clients. It annoyed me a lot. I was the one child that told everything how it was and didn't ever see my parents vision for us. For example, I introduced myself as Kate while my parents introduced me as Lucy Kathryn. We each had our closets for the clothes our parents thought we should wear at all times and our dressers for the clothes most kids our age wore, like crop tops, shorts, jeans, t-shirts, etc. My brother and sister never stopped me. They would come have fun with me whenever we could and we always goofed around and played. We had a strong relationship. It was us against our dad with our mom as an ally for both sides.

"So, Kate, Kirsten, how does 16 feel so far?" She asked.

"Fun! I feel more free," I said.

"You say that every year," Kirsten mumbled. I shrugged as Mrs. Dolan pulled into a driveway. We got out and I followed Ethan up to the door. A lady opened the door and Ethan and Grayson introduced us to her before we went inside.

"Jake! Logan!" She called up the stairs. I heard footsteps as two boys came downstairs. They were both tall and blonde. The blonder one was really cute. He had green eyes that were really warm and happy.

"Kirsten, Kate, this is Logan and Jake. Guys, this is Kate and Kirsten," Ethan said.

"Hey," They said.

"Hi," We replied. Once we got past the awkward introduction, we went up to the game room. The guys set up the x-box and Kirsten and I sat on the couch. We took selfies as they figured out who would play first. Logan, Grayson, Kirsten, and Ethan played the first game so Jake talked to me.

"So tell me about you," He said.

"Well we're 16 as of today," I started.

"Happy birthday," He said. I thanked him before we continued. We went back and forth for a while. We got to a point where we would hit the deep stuff if we didn't stop soon. We all played Mario Cart for a while before getting bored with the x-box and deciding to just get on our phones. I posted a picture of Kirsten and I on Instagram.

Happy birthday to my twin for 16 years! Without you, there would be no me! You are my better half and my built in best friend. You've been there through it all. You've taken the blame for me so many times. You're my human mirror, the voice of reason, and my biggest rival sometimes. You always make me a better person and I love you for that. Whether we're enemies or a team, you're my biggest fan. Sisters forever, boys whatever! Thanks for being behind me for every step of the way. I wouldn't be where I am today without you. Get ready, Kirsten. 16 is gonna be a wild ride!

I posted it and tagged her. It immediately started getting likes due to my pretty large amount of followers. I looked Logan and Jake up and followed each of them. They both had about the same amount of followers as me.

"Hey, Kate, are you a YouTuber?" Jake asked.

"Yep," I replied.

"Me too," He replied. We all decided to collab for a video. I got my camera out and started vlogging.

"Hey guys! It's the tenth day of Vlogmas 2015! We're coming at you as 16-year-olds with the Dolan Twins and Paul Bros! But before we get started, Kirsten roll the intro!" I said before spinning the camera. I vlogged for a while before we started filming.