Chapter 8: Football Match

I opened my eyes slightly as the sunlight was shining through. I stretched my arms as my body was aching and suddenly, I felt I was touching something. I felt something soft like lips, something pointed that let out a bit of heat.

I tapped my hand on the object as if I was finding something, just making sure that I was not dreaming.

“Argh,” the object groaned. Alright, that was enough for me to realise that I was fully awake. I frantically rolled away from the object and stood up.

“Niall?” I gasped. He sat up and rubbed his eyes like a little kid.

Aw, how adorable.

It then dawned upon me that we were sleeping on the floor, together.

I have been sleeping next to Niall- on the floor?

“I fell asleep yesterday. You don’t mind, right?” he asked. “I-I-“ I stuttered, too shocked that I just sleep next to a guy. I know we didn’t do anything but that was the first time a guy slept beside me. I’m a loser, remember? What’s more, I slept next to Niall Horan, the one that I never thought I would have met.

“Good then,” he stretched without me replying to his question.  I was still standing and was trying to process what just happened in my head. “Ha-ha, just kidding. You are fine with it, right? I am really sorry if you-”

“No, it’s alright. I’m still sleepy so I am still a subliminal state,” I explained and not telling what’s in my mind.

“Oh,” he nods and flashed a smile.

I nodded back awkwardly. Yes, my life is full of awkwardness.

“So, I think I should get going now. I'll see you later!” he said as he got up to his feet. I just nod and forced a smile. I stood still until he left.

 “Morning young lady!” Mama and papa greeted.  “Morning!” I responded with a smile. They were already seated at the dining table with the pancakes on the table. “So, what did you guys do last night? Nothing serious, right?” Papa asked with a serious look. I instantly remembered of my dad since they have the same characteristic, literally.

“Nothing papa. We just hang out and fell asleep. We did nothing more than that,” I shrugged. He still looked relieve but still having the doubt after he heard my reply. After that, we have normal conversations at the dining table as we ate pancakes. My body was there but my mind isn’t. Many things happened lately and I felt that it happened really fast. It was something that I never expected. I felt like I was in a dream, a movie and in a story.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Cece! Are you done yet?” Mama called out as I kept looking myself in the mirror. I wore an oversized white shirt that has graphics on it paired with stripe pants and a high-cut red converse. I put my soft curly hair up in a ponytail and tied a bandana as a headband. Not to forget just a light make-up to cover up my blemishes.  I don’t usually dress myself up but I thought I was looking quite good aside from the size of my body. Maybe, that was why I was called a fat bimbo, pretty but fat and naive.

There, I’m done.

“Yes, Mama! I’m coming!” I rushed down the stairs to find mama and papa were all ready. They seemed to be really excited as I saw their eyes gleaming with enthusiasm.  And there’s me, thinking of all sorts of things.

What if I made a bad impression in front of Mr Horan?

Will he be friendly?

And there will be Niall.