And then she kissed me.

I don’t want to sound like a chick, but her kisses leave me breathless and they make my knees go weak. I can’t help but think this is how I want to spend the rest of my life. With her. I want her to be in my arms forever.

“Was that convincing enough, Mr. Negative?” Shawna laughed.

“Yes it was. Why don’t we go to your house for the rest of the day?” I suggested.

“Yeah… I don’t want to deal with school right now,” Shawna bit her lip and looked back to the building.

She looked so sexy when she bit her lip. I want to bite her lip like that, I wonder if she’d like that? I chuckled to myself and decided I’d try it later.

“Where did you park?” she asked.

“Over there,” I pointed at the general direction of my car. “Come on.” I grabbed her hand and towed her to my car.

I opened the door for her and bowed. She laughed and got into my car. I ran around the other side and got in the driver’s seat. Shawna was staring out of the windshield, she looked really sad. I got an idea that I know will cheer her up. “So… Shawna?”

“Yeah Charlie?” she asked.

“Guess who I am right now?” I asked.

“Uh, I don’t know. Who?” Shawna asked slowly.

I grinned playfully at her. “My name is Mr. T. Monster.”

She looked at me, confused.

“Guess what the t stands for,” I smiled.

Realization flashed across her face and Shawna’s eyes got huge. “No, Charlie don’t you dare!”

I lunged at her and started tickling her sides. She laughed with delight and tried to push me away, but I was relentless. I tickled her until she couldn’t hardly breathe and tears were streaming down her face.

“Stop!” she squealed in delight.

I smiled and stopped tickling her, “Happy now?”

She had one hand over her heart and tried to slow her breathing, “No you jerk!”

“Yeah, but I’m your jerk,” I stuck my tongue out at her and started my car. I pulled out of the school parking lot and headed toward her house.

“Charlie?” she asked quietly after a few minutes of silence.

“Need the radio on?” I asked and turned it on.

“No, no,” Shawna said and turned the music down. “Do you think we’re gonna last?”

I approached a red stoplight and I met Shawna’s beautiful eyes with mine. I grabbed her hand and kissed her forehead. I pulled our intertwined hands onto the center-counsel.

“Shawna, I love you,” I said.

“Well I know that, but I wanted to know if you thought we were going to last for a while,” she said.

“When I say I love you, I mean it. Okay? Don’t worry about my past, that’s not an issue anymore,” I said.

She sighed, “But you weren’t the one to come comfort me when I was crying about Halie.”

“What does that have to do with anything? Besides, I wasn’t standing there when it happened. But when I heard about it, I came running to find you. I couldn’t find you so I yelled at Halie instead. Milo was the one who told me Jason had you. But, had I gotten there in a timely fashion, I would have let you cry in my arms. I love you; I don’t want to see you cry. But if I have to see you cry I want you to be soaking my shirt with your tears and I want you to be in my arms. No one else’s,” I said.

“Well… I mean I just feel like if you really loved me you would have been at my locker to walk me to my classes instead of Jason,” Shawna bit her lip again.

I sighed, she was frustrating me. I pulled over on the shoulder of the road and looked at her dead in the eyes. “I have never had a serious girlfriend before you. I didn’t treat the girls I ‘dated’ with respect the way I do to you. I didn’t walk them to their classes, I didn’t hold their books or purses, I didn’t go completely out of my way to make those girls happy. I guess I never thought that you were the type of girl who wanted all of that. But starting tomorrow, I will be that guy. I’ll romance you off your feet so much, your mind will be blown. Okay?”

Shawna smiled, “Really?”

“Yes really. I didn’t love those girls, but I love you. Things are different with you baby,” I smiled and kissed her cheek. “Now can we get to your house?”

“Yeah, go ahead and drive,” she smiled.

I pulled back onto the road and hoped Shawna wouldn’t bring anymore of those sorts of questions up. I hated that. Can’t she just believe me when I tell her that I love her? What’s so hard about accepting that?

Hell I didn’t know.